Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 NEW PROJECT - "Request Live"
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:57 pm   Post subject: NEW PROJECT - "Request Live"

Sup sup,
Im 'starting' a new project called "REQUEST LIVE"

Its like a radio where you can request songs (only given ones), and the songs will be listed in a database. After 1 requested song is played, the other and played and people can listen to it as a RADIO (NET). Additional stuff will be there of course Smile

But i really DO need help,
Anyone wanna help me make it?
(i will get SF.NET account ready everything)

POST HERE -
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'll help
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thx,
its going to be kinda hard though, cuz i still gatta learn how to use the port 8000 and etc, and make the whole radio work, you know NET JUKE, check that out its good.

+ i can't get started at just at the moment, i just finished amailers admin center Smile
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok well I added you to my msn list... so talk to me on there or something

k I downloaded netjuke and will play around with it tomorrow and see what I can figure out about it
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

crap that was you on msn...
crap i blocked you
crap!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you're gonna gave streaming audio?! if so i think yer gonna need a host that supports it...
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that's what this netjuke is for
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

negative.. i don' think netjuke streams the music really.

you need specialized servers to do this: icecast, shoutcast, or even quicktime streaming server.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey iv seen Quicktime (DUH) i could use that, but problem is ...i don't know perl Sad.

Anyways i know there is a way to use ShoutCast. And + this is a script that people can use, we don't need to host it. + if SF.NET allows us, we could host it there (fast)

EDIT: BTW, what does netjuke use to steam its raio? or what ever?
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why would u even need streaming audio it's not like a live show or anything... u can just upload songs to yer server and play them when user requests them...
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But then dude....everyone can't listen it at the same time.... If i do that then who ever requested the song can only listen to his/her requested song....wait...that would be good....but is that not like netjuke? HMMMMMMMMMMM
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that if you let EVERY user have their private stream, you gonna run out of bandwidth way too quickly... and you will also run into legal issues. (its different with radios cuz they play "random" songs or something... I'm not sure how that works)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

also I believe radio stations pay royalties on the songs.... I am not sure about the shoutcast and other net radios
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: