Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Graduate education in canada
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gazebo007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:21 am   Post subject: Graduate education in canada

I want to switch career and venture into programing. I am a maths graduate and I have been pursuing actuarial qualifications. I just wanna know if there are graduate computer programs in canada that enrol students with non-computing undergraduate degrees. Or else advice what to do to learn programing at the graduate level.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:11 am   Post subject: RE:Graduate education in canada

From what i have seen most gradute computer science programs only require that you have a batchlers in since and poisblice a few spefick math or computer corces during your batchlers.

If you have a batchlers of science in math (or even anything close to math), had good grades during it, can speak english and can get refercnecs form profs where you did youer undergrad you should be able to get in some where.

If you do not have an batchlers of science it may be very hard to go right to graduate studys.

Edit: It shoudl also be know that and university education at any level here in canada will cost alot more for a non ccanadian citzen then some one with there citzenship in canada becues the canadian goverment subsdises education for it's citzenses. You could end up pay almost double what the standard tution rates are in canada. Also if your undergra was done in diffrent country it may not be regozined here in canada (tho i whould think most modern countrys whould be).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: