Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Engineering Science vs. TrackOne at UofT
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
person

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:36 pm   Post subject: Engineering Science vs. TrackOne at UofT

Does anyone know any defining difference between the two?
And which program would be better?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
josh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:40 am   Post subject: Re: Engineering Science vs. TrackOne at UofT

These programs are very different. The Track One program is a a new program this year that allows you to wait until after first year to decide what type of engineering you want to go into (chemical, electrical, computer...) EXCEPT for Engineering Science. So basically it is a general first year where you are guaranteed a spot in the engineering discipline of your choice in second year. If you take any of the other types of engineering (other than eng sci) you can still often switch after first year into other types, however you are not guaranteed to be able to switch.

Engineering science on the other hand is a completely different program. It is very intensive and difficult and is also very multi-disciplinary. I believe in 3rd year, you choose your specialization from a few different options (e.g. nanotechnology, physics...) and you specialize in that field however you are still in the Engineering Science program. Eng Sci is widely recognized as a tip notch engineering program, however it does have a reputation for being brutally difficult (not being in the program myself I can not say if this is accurate).

As for which one is better, really that is a personal choice and all depends on what you want to study, what you want to do after school and how much work you are willing to put in.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: