Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 another 3DS Max question(connecting objects)
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:25 pm   Post subject: another 3DS Max question(connecting objects)

thx for the help with other question tony...
ok... let's say i've created 2 objects like the tail of an air plane and the body of an air plane and edited them and made them look the way i want... now how do i connect them and make them share vertexes... thx...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you use the attach thing... but when you are making them share vertices... it is pretty important that you do this... make sure they have the same nbumber of vertices where they will be attached and delete any polygons that wood be betwix the original two meshes (so any polygons that wood not be viewed) and then you may use the attach button and then you select pairs of vertices and use weld selected wiht some large threshold (but make sure you have selected only the two vertices that will become one). you may also drag the vertices that will become one on top of each other or vary close and select all off the vertices and use the weld target or something along these lines (I am not used max for a long time and so cannot remember precisely what it is known as)

basically the process is to line up vertices that will be welded (turned into one) and delete polyghons in between the objects, then use attach to make them into one object and then weld the vertices
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you dont have to weld them... as a matter of fact, they dont even have to come in contact with ether other, and just attach them and it would still become one object that would render correctly...

weld is used when you need to turn multiple verticies into one (opposite of chamfer).
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes I know... but the way he was talking it seemed like he wanted to attach them.. especailly for something like a plane or somethign where there likely will be hidden polys between the body and tail of a plane
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: