Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] RecipeBook
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] Contest 2006/2008
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Aziz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:13 pm   Post subject: [FP] RecipeBook

Well, here's my FP from first year Programming II class. Written in VB.NET and I got 2nd place in the class. My teacher sucked and probably couldn't even make this program, but hey, I did it. I posted it to the newsgroup at work (Municipality of Chatham-Kent, like 1200 employees), and there's been over a dozen people that I've given it to. I've just pasted the ad I put up here, so if it looks a little out of place that's why.

Download from http://www.geocities.com/greaterhivemind/RecipeBook.zip

======================

RecipeBook 1.1

Version 1.1 Release Notes

Fixed Bugs

- Bug (ID#1) fixed. The PayPal button in the top-right of the open/manage dialog was anchored improperly

Known Issues

- The program requires .NET Framework 2.0, which has to be installed separately. The program should install it automatically if required.
- New release should be released as patches instead of full versions. The installer will automatically overwrite old versions, however a patch would be more effiecent. Also, recipe data may be lost.

Features to come

- Each recipe can have a picture
- Import/export of individual recipes
- Import/export of complete recipe collection
- Better website exporting
- Printing

* * * Email me at anthonya@chatham-kent.ca or anthony.aziz@gmail.com for support * * *

Remember you can request any features or otherwise make suggestions!

==================

Like cooking? Hate keeping track of recipes? Well I have a solution for YOU!

Cheesy advertisment aside, I've developed a program that I've put over 100 hrs into and used as my final project for my Programing II class at St. Clair College.

The program is called RecipeBook and is an organizer for recipes. It stores recipes by category and you don't have to worry about saving them to a file.

Features:

Create recipes with attributes like Name, Author, Category, Ingredients, Steps, and Notes
Intuitive ingredient list that lets you add/delete/edit and organize the list of ingredients. Comes preloaded with plenty of measurement types.
You can preview the recipe without the form.
You can also export a webpage (.HTML page) that you can use to print.

The best feature yet is that it's FREE and backed by my personal warranty (Meaning, I'll support any issues you have with it). I've been programming at school since my grade 10 year and I've done more at home hobbyist learning and experimenting. This project got me second place in my course, and most likely only because when I presented, a computer program caused the buttons not to work (a key being held down, what a bummer, huh?).

Screenshots

Main page:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Open and manage recipes

Preview recipe

Saving as a webpage...

Webpage that was exported from program
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] Contest 2006/2008
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: