Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:19 pm   Post subject: Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

This is a coin collecting game that i warped out of what was going to be a pacman like game, but i was too lazy to make an AI for it.

Anyway, the point of the game is...well collect as many coins as u can before the time runs out

My highest amount is 200 and one item from a treasure chest.

You guys can use the code for ideas but do not copy the whole thing.

There is also final fantasy music to listen to while u play...all u have to do is select a number between 1 and 5 when it asks.

All the tiles were created by me
The characters are all final fantasy
The coin is from super mario

U can make ur own maps too...just modify the Map1.t file, but make sure they are the same size...i don't remeber if i bug proofed that

Controls:
Arrow keys -> move around
o -> opens the treasure chests

Coin Collecting Game.zip
 Description:
Coin Collecting Game Source with pictures etc.

Download
 Filename:  Coin Collecting Game.zip
 Filesize:  36.76 KB
 Downloaded:  613 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm...nice...nice...

I didn't particularly like the movement too much...but I guess that it's classic Pac Man style movement?

That's just me.

It ran really fast on my computer though, and often the keys were 'sticky'.

I'm guessing you're checking too much in your Input Loop...didn't check myself, just a hunch.

Music is good...fun...Nobuo Uematsu...
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
It ran really fast on my computer though, and often the keys were 'sticky'.

Yeah it does that on mine too, so i just hold the buttons down, even when moving in the same direction.
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do you get the guy not to run into the walls? what collision detect method do you use?
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i used my own method Laughing

im not too much into looking at code for this kinda stuff...but anyhoo
what i do is have a 2D array of the tile names then i check the tile that the player will move into and see if it is a tile that is "walkable" (in this instance the black squares), if there are more than one tiles that are "walkable" then u can just organize the pictures of the tiles so they divides into two groups...walkable and nonwalkable...and just say tiles between this number and another number are ok to walk on

code:

procedure Movement (var dir : string)
    var num1 : int
    var num2 : int
    if dir = "up" then
        fy += 16
    elsif dir = "down" then
        fy -= 16
    elsif dir = "left" then
        fx -= 16
    elsif dir = "right" then
        fx += 16
    end if
    num1 := ((((maxy + 1) div 2 + 156) - fy) div 16)
    num2 := ((fx - ((maxx + 1) div 2 - 216)) div 16)
    locate (2, 2)
    %put "num1: ", num1, " num2: ", num2
    if num1 <= 19 and num1 >= 1 and num2 >= 1 and num2 <= 25 then
        if tiles (num1, num2) = "Q" then
            move_allowed := true
            if coins (num1, num2) = false then
                Pic.Draw (Q, fx, fy, picCopy)
                coins_collected += 1
                coins (num1, num2) := true
            end if
        end if
    end if
end Movement

If u want a more detailed description then just pm me
Qamar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 am   Post subject: RE:Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

hey, thats pretty cool. do you know how to put the coins in using whatdotcolor and not using an array ?
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:57 am   Post subject: RE:Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

Holy crap!

Welcome to CompSci.ca Qamar. It's nice to see that you want to be an active poster, however you have to be careful of the dates. This particular thread is almost 3 years old! Just keep that in mind Wink
Warchamp7

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:29 am   Post subject: RE:Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

Pretty cool game though, although I couldnt get any items :/

Chests wouldn't open
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Carey

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:34 am   Post subject: Re: Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

try pressing o to open them. btw why is this thread at the top of the list again?
ashiphire

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:17 am   Post subject: RE:Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

nice game
lilmizeminem

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:20 am   Post subject: RE:Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

it didnt work for me
i cant get passed the part where you pick a charector.
Carey

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:12 am   Post subject: Re: Coin Collecting Game...How many can u collect?

you have to click a char type and class. can this topic be locked? its really old and im sick of seeing it at the top of the list.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: