Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 oracle datawarehousing
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
0101fx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:12 am   Post subject: oracle datawarehousing

hi...
i was wondering if you could help me ... i need a database example in oracle for apply datawarehousing..so the database should have 40 tables with 30000 inserts.. thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Lansen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:43 am   Post subject: RE:oracle datawarehousing

If you're a student who deserves the example data, cooking up a nice PL/SQL script shouldn't break your back.

Rip data out of wordlists; I doubt anyone here is much out of high school anyway.
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:32 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:oracle datawarehousing

Lansen @ Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 am wrote:
I doubt anyone here is much out of high school anyway.

You would be wrong for thinking that.

However, data warehousing with Oracle software is one of those things people typically do because they're being paid to do it, and not because they enjoy it. The people here are here because they enjoy computer science and programming, and are enthusiastic about it.
Lansen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:27 pm   Post subject: Re: oracle datawarehousing

My apologies for what was a radically misinformed generalization, wtd. I'm not that much of a bastard most of the time...I hope.

Back on topic, I've yet to get down and dirty with Oracle (It is my sincere wish that I never get down and dirty with a DBMS, in any case), but it seems fairly doable to just hack together a PHP/Python/* script (I can't vouch for the power or speed of PL/SQL) reading out of wordlists. I'm not sure how sensless the data can be, but using first names, last names and whatnot wouldn't hurt.

It seems I've stumbled upon a legitimate use of wordlists. Wow.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:46 am   Post subject: RE:oracle datawarehousing

Shame you aren't using Postgres. Mmmm... PL/Ruby.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: