Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 B.NET IS (@!K#D!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
krishon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tho with his skillz tony has a good chance, i mean had sry
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well not currently, Blizzard only accepts applicants with at least 2 years experience in the gaming industry.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's what it's like for most of the major ones... look for experience... that's why coop in college/university is so great, because you get hired on coop and if you do good they keep you and you can get the experience you need to get other jobs
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think waterloo's coop is teaching compsci in local highschools or something... I sure hope that I'm wrong Wink

but ether way... Everything so far in my life (including taking up compsci and creating this site) was by random events that just "happen", so we'll see where I'll end up Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&PlayerName= YOUR AZEROTH PLAY NAME HERE FOR WAR3
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
i think waterloo's coop is teaching compsci in local highschools or something... I sure hope that I'm wrong Wink

as far as I know it's not... you know those fancy pdas.. the blackberries... those are made in waterloo and I think a lot of the staff there are waterloo coop students. and also, one of my teachers did coop in a compsci degree at waterloo and apparently he came out debt free... so I don't think you would make enough to come out of university dept free from teaching :/ of course, there probably is the option of teaching at local high schools... but almost definately not the only option
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

awesome! As long as I dont get stuck trying to explain for-loops to some people who took compsci just to play in games on computers... I'm happy...
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How much do the people (artists) get payed for a game?
is it more then the people who do the scripting for the game?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
UBC_Wiskatos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GamaSutra.com has current salary amounts, I believe.
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i'd guess ppl who script....its much harder than drawing...even though the art is purty hard
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really depends on what kind of drawing you doing... can range from doing props to add details to envirnment (say a book to be placed on table) to HQ cinematics (Blizzard's cinematics are CRAZY).

Besides, there's quite some scripting to animate the stuff the way you want. You guys remember that huge fighting scene in LOTR: Two Towers? a 600,000 line program was writen to animate that (+ all the super detailed models... its crazy)
Catalyst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i read an article about that scene, apprently in the next movie there will be a scene (using a similar engine) with more that 100 000 troops
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn I have got to see that movie.

Very Happy
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, asok just wants to see the dead rotting bodies and the blood
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OMG DEAD BODIES TOO?!

<3 DEAD BODIES! Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: