Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Who Here Isn't Going to Pursue a Career in Computer Science?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
md

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Who Here Isn\'t Going to Pursue a Career in Computer Science?

/me notes that the distance isn't in a strait line.

If you live up on the northern peninsula (I don't know where Port-Aux-Port is) then you'd have to drive south, then east, and then north again.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
chrispminis

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Who Here Isn\'t Going to Pursue a Career in Computer Science?

haskell @ Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 pm wrote:
Yes, I am a Newfoundland resident. I'm from the Port-Aux-Port Peninsula, which is very far west. Meaning I have to travel directly across the island to go to school. Newfoundland is the 7th largest island in the world, and it is ~ 16 hrs from where I live to St. John's(Memorial University).

It is great to see other people aspiring to medicine as well.

Wow, for some reason, I was really impressed to find another newfie. But then I realized that this IS a canadian site. Good luck in medecine!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Who Here Isn\'t Going to Pursue a Career in Computer Science?

Clayton wrote:
From Thunder Bay to Toronto is still a roughly 11-13hr drive. Not too much further Minsc Wink

md wrote:

/me notes that the distance isn't in a strait line.

Yeah, I was thinking about both these things. It still seems strange though.

I just looked at it on Google maps, and appears to be about twice the distance from Toronto to Thunder Bay as the biggest distance in Newfoundland Island.
haskell

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:25 am   Post subject: RE:Who Here Isn\'t Going to Pursue a Career in Computer Science?

If you looked at the Trans Canada Highway routes and road from Stephenville(I live an hour further west than Stephenville anyways) to St. John's, you'll see why its so long. It goes around the province.

http://visitnewfoundland.ca/islandmap.html

Shows the route from Stephenville to St. John's. I live an hour west of Stephenville(on that peninsula).
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 34 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: