Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Printing to file and saving work
Index -> Programming, C -> C Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ceevu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:36 pm   Post subject: Printing to file and saving work

Hello,

I'm a novice C programmer and I wanted to ask if the following are possible within C:

1. I want to get the user to select a bunch of items out of a list and have them stored until the user asks for the list of chosen items. Then I want to offer the option to print them to file (or directly to a printer or the default word program, in windows)

2. I want to offer the user an opportunity to add to a list of items (in this case its a grocery list) if the item they want isn't on the list and then have the opion presented to save the newly added items permantely to the list.

Basically, in an attempt to use a few of the skills I've learned, I want to create a grocery-list type program where the user goes through a list of categories, chooses one, then sees the sub-list where he can choose what to put on his grocery list. I think I can do that part but the two above ideas I'm uncertain of how to go about it.

Any help is appreciated Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:12 am   Post subject: RE:Printing to file and saving work

"printing to a file" is commonly known as writing to a file; and is fairly easy. Printing to a printer is less easy; but may be possible without too much of a learning curve if there is a free library available.

The rest is eminently doable.
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Printing to file and saving work

Quote:
I wanted to ask if the following are possible within C
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

I suggest you take a trip to your library, there's tons of excelent books out there, and librarys are free (unless you're late returning the book anyway). Check your school library too.
   Index -> Programming, C -> C Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: