Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Methods methods methods,(not ruby methods tho)
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:13 pm   Post subject: Methods methods methods,(not ruby methods tho)

I cant seem to add a poll... oh well.

I'm making an rpg.

Simplistic and overdone?

Maybe. But what i want from the people here at compsci, is what growth and battle systems i should use.

Growth systems:
-Level-up(stats grow with levels only, no other growth methods, kinda limiting, not my fav.)

-Level up w/ gpoints( gain stats with levels and a small amouint of growth points to modify your char, better but still kind of limited.)

-Growth points(lvel ups gain only growth points which are used to make char better, flexible, but makes all chars the same in ways.)

-Grid type one(sphere grid FFX type growth.)

-Grid type 2(FFX+FFXII growth systems, with everything on a grid(weapons armor incl.), once again seems to make all chars the same.)

-Development growth. (FF2(real one, not FFIV) growth system, where doing things makes you better at it, hard to make , and harder to perfect.) but its awesome.

Battle systems(i hope i dont need to describe some of them.):

-ATB system

-TB system

-MoB system(everyone performs moves at once, very easy , and kind of pathetic now.)

-Real time system

-Dynamic TB system(FFX)

-Active Dimension Revamped(remix of ADS)

-Total Black Battle system( strategy grid with three rows five columns., affects battles heavily with movement and action. TB DTB or ATB otherwise.)
Disadvantage: Pain to program in.
Yes i did make this one up.

Vote on which ones i should include.

I am using the Euphoria language.

thx all
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Methods methods methods,(not ruby methods tho)

No one has any ideas or suggs?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:54 am   Post subject: Re: Methods methods methods,(not ruby methods tho)

I recall similar questions have been asked on CompSci.ca not too long ago, you might want to try searching around a bit for those threads.

Apart from that, I can only offer that it's a huge task to set all of these systems up properly, and it's usually a matter of trial and error... You might want to try just taking a look at already existing and tested versions, and decide which you want to use in your game.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: