Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 what are the big programming contests?
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:03 pm   Post subject: what are the big programming contests?

I'm new to programming and I've researched some programming contests but I'd like to know which contests you guys enter ... and the dates of them. even if they aren't until like next year, just so that I can get an idea.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:21 pm   Post subject: RE:what are the big programming contests?

One of the big ones in Canada is the CCC: Canadian Computing Competition. It's hosted by the University of Waterloo. If you do well on it, you can go to the nationals, Stage 2, which is in Waterloo. If you do well there, you can go to the international competition.
The CCC just passed. It's hosted anually in February. Google will give you tons of information on it.

There's also the DWITE competition, which is much smaller. It was intended to be preparation for the CCC. It's being transfered to yours truly, CompSci.ca, beginning next year.
PaulButler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:48 am   Post subject: RE:what are the big programming contests?

Aside from local competitions, here are some of the ones I have come across recently:

Canadian Computing Competition (as Cervantes mentioned) (Annual, February)
Microsoft Imagine Cup (Annual, September - June)
Google Code Jam (Annual, September - ?)
TopCoder (Annual, I think)
DWITE (again, as Cervantes mentioned) (Annual, February?)

But for the local ones you will need to ask around... One way to do this is to get in contact with a CS student at a local university and let them know you are interested in doing contests. Also, let your computer / math teacher at school know as they are probably the one to get the emails.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:38 am   Post subject: RE:what are the big programming contests?

ECOO
Not sure if that's only for schools to enter or if individuals can participate as well.
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:56 am   Post subject: RE:what are the big programming contests?

i heard that there is one on mar 21st, anyone know any info about that one? i'm not even sure wut it's called or anything though.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:47 am   Post subject: Re: what are the big programming contests?

Odds are it is your board's ECOO competition. Each board decides the date for their own competition from March 19- April 5.
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:48 pm   Post subject: RE:what are the big programming contests?

is there an official website for the ECCO competitions? I've been searching but can't find one.
klopyrev

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:07 pm   Post subject: Re: what are the big programming contests?

Look at Gandalf's post above!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:21 pm   Post subject: RE:what are the big programming contests?

sorry! missed that! thanks!
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: