Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Shad Valley?
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Robert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:24 pm   Post subject: Shad Valley?

Hey guys,

Is there was anyone from CompSci that will be attending Shad Valley this year?

Seeing as the program is for students interested in technology, I assume there are lots here!

What host campus are you guys thinking of? If you're an alumni, what would you guys recommend me putting as my top choices?

Right now I'm thinking of Waterloo or Queens.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Shad Valley?

It would be awesome to know what the heck youre talking about.
Naveg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Shad Valley?

I did Shad last summer (Memorial University of Newfoundland) and it was definitely awesome! I definitely recommend MUN as one of your top choices, not only because the program is superb, but because Newfoundland culture is something you may not have the opportunity to experience very often (unless you live there, forgive me if you do).

Since all the campuses are comparable when it comes to curriculum and activities, pick the places you want to go geographically and culturally. Also, you may want to pick places you're interesting in going to for university, but that's not as important. My A choices were pretty well all coastal locations.

If you have any more questions or just want to talk about the Shad experience in general, pop me a PM and we can chat on msn or something.
Naveg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Shad Valley?

CompWiz333 @ Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:57 pm wrote:
It would be awesome to know what the heck youre talking about.

www.shad.ca

Shad Valley is a one of a kind engineering and entrepreneurship enrichment program. It was without a doubt one of the most rewarding things I have ever participated in.
apomb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Shad Valley?

Ah, thanks man

Looks pretty interesting
1of42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Shad Valley?

Unfortunately Naveg, UBC > MUN. And don't try to pull out that whole "we won the cup" either... that was sketchy and I'm sure you know it. Wink

But yeah, Shad is highly recommended. UBC is even more highly recommended - much more chill than the other campuses in a lot of ways, and also in probably the most beautiful part of Canada in the summertime.
ilyesovich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:06 pm   Post subject: I will be attending Shad Valley this summer at Laval University

Hello everybody,

I am a new member of this forum. I was browsing through it and I found out that some of you are Shad Valley alumni. So, I decided to post a reply.

In fact, I will be attending Shad Valley this summer at Laval University in Quebec city where as my twin brother will attend Shad at Carleton University in Ottawa.

I have some questions to those of you who are Shad Valley alumni: what have I to bring with me at Shad? and if they are some students who will be attending Shad Valley this year, please send me an email at weblearner@hotmail.com. So we can meet and chat together before the program.

Your replies will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot.
jondmml

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Shad Valley?

Hey, I'm going to Calgary this summer for Shad Valley and three of my friends are each going Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Lakehead. Anyone here goin to any of these places?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:38 am   Post subject: RE:Shad Valley?

I might be around lakehead this summer but not for shad valley.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
iluvchairs112

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:32 pm   Post subject: RE:Shad Valley?

I'm not going this year - but I might apply to go next year. I just found out about it a couple days ago but it seems pretty interesting. If I were to go, I'd want to go to Waterloo because that is where I'd like to go to university, but it'd be really interesting to see other parts of the country.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: