Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Visual Basic Battle.Test (Demo)
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Remm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:05 am   Post subject: Visual Basic Battle.Test (Demo)

Ok, Remm can't wait any longer, hehe.
I am releasing this: full working trail version of Visual Basic Battle.Test, the adaptation of Battle.Test.t (turing)

I will keep working, but I feel that if I release this EXE, then people will be able to find bugs, suggest ideas and attack my workings in general. Also, the game needs balancing, and I could use some testers Smile

Anyways, this is it, months upon months in the making, I am finally able to give somthing to show for my work. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do, heh.

Some things first...

--> If music doesnt work, PLEASE notify me, so i can fix it up // see if its fixable.
--> If you can get into the source code through this PLEASE notify me so I can remove it and fix up protections Razz
--> If you find a bug / error / whatnot, PLEASE notify me here on the fourm, so i can do my best to fix the problem
--> Some bugs I already know of, and are explained in the VBB.T readme, along with some info to get around them
--> Any suggestions, monster sprites, spell sprite sheets, sounds or anything will be greatly appriciated. I need an image for each item too, which is another thing I must get around to.
--> If you start off with 6000 gold, PLEASE notify me, for it is the old item-testing version. It should be set at 150.
--> If link doesnt work, PLEASE(!!!!!!) notify me, lol.

--> Get a sword or you're just suicidal
--> Use spells against slimes (feedback damages creatures with mana). Buy rejuv potions to keep enough mana to cast
Well, thank you for testing my game... oh, and you cant use my name Razz

Some images for those without VB: (JPEGs are crappy. They make it look bad, lol)

Admins, this is not a [FP], hence it will not be entered. I will, hopefully, enter the final version by the end of semester 2.
Full version of Chapter One: Proving Your Worth with the 52 areas, tons of items, spells, creatures and plot coming soon!

Overworld.JPG
 Description:
Overworld
 Filesize:  50.81 KB
 Viewed:  4785 Time(s)

Overworld.JPG

Battle.JPG
 Description:
A small Battle
 Filesize:  53.96 KB
 Viewed:  299 Time(s)

Battle.JPG

VB Batte.Text (DEMO).zip
 Description:
Visual Basic Battle.Test (DEMO)

Download
 Filename:  VB Batte.Text (DEMO).zip
 Filesize:  6.96 MB
 Downloaded:  386 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Remm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:27 am   Post subject: Re: Visual Basic Battle.Test (Demo)

Known glitch: You cannot buy a weapon if you have the exact amount. You must have a mount greater than the cost

aka i forgot to make it >=, I just put >. I'll fix it when i add content/fixes tomarrow.
So for your starting sword, go into area 2, fight a battle with some bats, then go back and buy your sword. Buying mechanism is not broken, just flawed Very Happy . Sorry bout that.

Edit: Grr.. cant edit last post. Make that trial, not trail, hehe...
cool dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Visual Basic Battle.Test (Demo)

Is it just my computer or you can't open the zip file?

It says the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted.
Remm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Visual Basic Battle.Test (Demo)

ok, yeah, doesnt work. I loaded it from as school computer, so I'll bring it home on a flash drive, and do it properly there. Guess I have to wait another day Sad
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Visual Basic Battle. (Demo)

cool dude @ Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:12 pm wrote:
Is it just my computer or you can't open the zip file?

It says the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted.

Same here.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Visual Basic Battle.test (Demo)

It sez it is empty, and i need a game disk?

Multi Volume set?

AOE3?

What happened with your skool comp man?
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:20 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Visual Basic Battle. (Demo)

StealthArcher @ Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm wrote:
It sez it is empty, and i need a game disk?

Multi Volume set?

AOE3?

What happened with your skool comp man?

If you noticed he forgot to update the file when he came home.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: