Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Beyond Instant Messaging
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:00 pm   Post subject: Beyond Instant Messaging

Over the holidays I found this very impressive instant messenger for windows. You get to create a 3D avatar to look like whatever you want and chat with people all over the world. The most important thing is that it's free. Here's the website if any one wants to check it out.

www.imvu.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Beyond Instant Messaging

I tried it a few months back, and wasn't too overly impressed. I found that if you had more than two people in a conversation, the bubbles got mixed up and you had no idea what the hell anyone was saying. Also, there are many ... weird... people on there that just mash the "Chat Now!" button, and you get lots of weird people that you don't know. I'll just stick to my regular old Windows Messenger thanks.
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Beyond Instant Messaging

Yeah, you probably got those errors because the program is still in it's beta versions apparently. It's not bad but I wish it had some features that MSN has and don't worry Freakman there are still a lot of weird people on there lol.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: