Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] How to Post
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rdrake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:20 pm   Post subject: [Tutorial] How to Post

This was requested apparently, so here it is...

Step 1
Ensure you are logged in. If you do not see text in the top right corner that says "Log Out [ username ]," then log in at the login box at the top of the page.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Step 2
Scroll down the main page until you find the section where you want to post, click on it. I assume most of you want the Turing section.

Step 3
Select the correct forum. If you wish to post a question asking for help, click on the Help forum. If you have a tutorial to post, click on the Tutorials forum. Lastly, if you wish to submit something interesting you have created, click on the Submissions forum.

Step 4

After searching the forum for the question you wish to ask if posting in a help forum and reading The Rules, click on the New Topic button near the top of the page to start a new topic.

Step 5
In this new page, enter in a title for your post, summarize the problem you are having and attach any relevant code in either the post itself or as an attachment.

Be sure you know how to ask a question, and that you have used code tags.

Some bad titles include:

• I Need Help
  • PLS HELP!!11!
  • VERY IMPROTANT PLSE HELP!!1!
  • etc.

Step 6
Once completed, click the Preview button at the bottom to ensure you post looks the way you wish it to. You cannot edit posts once somebody has replied. After ensuring your post is complete with all the information one would need to help answer your question, click the Submit button.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:25 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] How to Post

rdrake @ Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:20 pm wrote:
This was requested apparently, so here it is...

Step 1
Ensure you are logged in. If you do not see text in the top right corner that says "Log Out [ username ]," then log in at the login box at the top of the page.

Step 2
Scroll down the main page until you find the section where you want to post, click on it. I assume most of you want the Turing section.

Step 3
Select the correct forum. If you wish to post a question asking for help, click on the Help forum. If you have a tutorial to post, click on the Tutorials forum. Lastly, if you wish to submit something interesting you have created, click on the Submissions forum.

Step 4

After searching the forum for the question you wish to ask if posting in a help forum and reading The Rules, click on the New Topic button near the top of the page to start a new topic.

Step 5
In this new page, enter in a title for your post, summarize the problem you are having and attach any relevant code in either the post itself or as an attachment.

Be sure you know how to ask a question, and that you have used code tags.

Some bad titles include:

• I Need Help
  • PLS HELP!!11!
  • VERY IMPROTANT PLSE HELP!!1!
  • etc.

Step 6
Once completed, click the Preview button at the bottom to ensure you post looks the way you wish it to. You cannot edit posts once somebody has replied. After ensuring your post is complete with all the information one would need to help answer your question, click the Submit button.

Hang on wait

My compsci.ca doesn't looks like that.

You know how yours is like orange and... what is that, purple? A deep violet? I don't have those.

Mine looks blueish or something. Do I need to buy the full version/

I will try to take a screenshot to show you what I mean. I don't know if where I can upload it.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] How to Post

Ok here it is
[img]C:\untitled.bmp[/img]
Saad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:11 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] How to Post

Mazer @ Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:25 pm wrote:

Hang on wait

My compsci.ca doesn't looks like that.

You know how yours is like orange and... what is that, purple? A deep violet? I don't have those.

Mine looks blueish or something. Do I need to buy the full version/

I will try to take a screenshot to show you what I mean. I don't know if where I can upload it.

You can choose your theme in User Control Panel -> Profile Settings -> My Board Style
PS. You may want to delete that last post of yours Razz
Clayton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:37 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] How to Post

You have failed to see the point. Conglaturation.
Saad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:38 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] How to Post

Ah, I get it now, never mind that post then.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: