Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What DON'T you like about PHP?
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Craige

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:59 pm   Post subject: What DON'T you like about PHP?

After md's comment about PHP in another thread, I thought it would be something of interest to make this thread.

I'm sure allot of us could go on and on about what we like about PHP, but I would like to hear what people don't like about it. So, go ahead, post your lists.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Craige - Just earlier today I've actually published a blog post, looking back at 4 months of PHP work. Basically PHP simply can't keep up with Ruby's eligance. Perhaps PHP6 will offer a substantial improvement in OOP, but the syntatical schemantics are still quite a turnoff for me.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The fact that absolutely no standards or naming conventions are enforced, let alone seem to exist, is reason enough to hate the language.
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That object-orientation was added to the language, but basic functionality was not refactored to take advantage of that is a pretty big issue.
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: