Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Web Design - Im Pimpin my site yo!
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RapidCP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:03 am   Post subject: Web Design - Im Pimpin my site yo!

After spending alot of time doing stuff for the last year like, heavy drinking, clubbing, stuff you can only do with a woman and Chain Smoking. I now have desided to join the sit on ur ass and design movement!

Most of my day today was spent on porting my myspace account CSS design into a html/php accpectable format. Basicly changing around alot of varabules.

My theme of my site is going to be vary minimalistic but with a hint of grunge. So far I have compleated the base template and im just working on the php codeing side of it. Im going to be hosting somewhat of a myspace/nexopia/vampirefreaks type of portal but hight customizable and real intense! For most people it would take them for ever to make such a thing, but iv done it before within less then 3 weeks. What takes my time up is just css codeing everything. Span this Span that! Uhhh!!

Anyways tell me what you think of the base design! Please do note that the header image is not finalized but just a test image for the overall design!

http://staff94.com/wop/index.html

I know the menu is small. If the visitor cant read it oh well! I dont care lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AbyssISR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:54 am   Post subject: RE:Web Design - Im Pimpin my site yo!

that must be the weirdest site i have ever gotten into ..
the background gives me a headdach i didn't even bother clicking the links Oo
the main idea of the site is good but there is a LOT of a room for improvement..
nice try pal =p
Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Web Design - Im Pimpin my site yo!

the background is too busy; it draws attention away from the important elements of the site: the content. Your menu also shouldn't be a giant white box, it sticks out too much, rather, have it a black box with a lighter color text. Also a personal preference, I like the links spanning across the top of a page as opposed to down the side.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: