Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I NEED HELP..
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
schwarp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:04 pm   Post subject: I NEED HELP..

ok... i know it may not seem like i need it or anything... and i dont wanna sound like a mooch... but i have nothing to do and i NEEEEDDDD TURINGGGG... can someone PLZZZZ help me... i know it sounds bad... and i hope im not doing anything to get my butt kicked offf the site... but i can't afford it right now... and it's like became my life... i know you may not care but think about it... you without your turing program... plzzz help me... if not... thats alright
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
richcash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

schwarp, why are you posting in Java Submissions?

No, distributing Turing is illegal and we can not give it to you or compsci.ca will be in trouble and we'll be breaking the law. It tells you that in the Turing Help Forum, you should read those stickies if you want to be a member of the website.

The only way to get Turing for free is from your school, so maybe you should ask your teacher to give you a CD.

If you can not get Turing there are many programming languages ten times better which you can download for free. You will learn so much from these languages and using them will even make you better in Turing! If you want to be great, you should look into learning another language. If you're looking for similar syntax to Turing, then maybe you should get Pascal.
schwarp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i didnt know where i was posting... and i didnt know it was illegal... and im a really slow reader...lol...sry... but wut kind of stuff is there that i can use that will do the same stuff but is better or easier
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

First off... You'll have to tell us why you need Turing, or a programming language, in the first place.

And then, read [The Rules].
richcash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, like [Gandalf] said, it will depend on what you really want in a language.
This is a very good thing to read.
Remember, even if you can get Turing from your teacher (which I advise trying), you should still look into other languages if you like programming.

[Can a mod please move this. Wink]
schwarp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i guess i dont NEED it... i just like it so much... i started taking classes to learn it... and its kicking off grand... ive got a 93 and the teacher thinks i could go far... but i dont know if she would lend it to me... i think someone else asked already... but the reason i want it so bad is because im going to try to be a computer programmer or game developer or what ever my skills lean towards... and i would love to have it to help me build new skills... but wut other stuff is there thats almost exactly like turing that i can find online
richcash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not the best person to be talking to about this, but Pascal is kind of similar to Turing. You can start learning Pascal here.

You should create a new thread in the General Discussion forum and ask which languages are very similar to Turing. People are more likely to help you in the appropriate forum. Wink
schwarp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanx... i will
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: