Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Internet Explorer colours
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:21 pm   Post subject: Internet Explorer colours

I'm designing a page for work, but I've got a few problems.

One, IE doesn't do transparent .png images. No word as to why, but it just doesn't fly that way. So, no worries I say to myself, I'll just change the background on the image. Except IE also seems to be viewing the colours in my image as suggestions instead of me saying "I want this drawn in this colour", and changes the background colour so that it doesn't match the page.

In summary:
I have an image with #333333 as the background colour. Renders fine in Firefox, IE changes the background to #282828.
So I change the page's background to #282828. The image's background is still #333333, but IE changes it and the page looks fine in the Explorer. Problem now is that in Firefox, the images are drawn with their real colours, so they all have boxes around them.

Does anyone know how I can work around this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is a problem with both transparency, and alpha channels on png images in IE, thats my guess as to your problem. The only solution is to make your background colour a 1px by 1px png image. Or use an alternate image format.

IE should be showing you the correct background colour, but the colours for the images should be off, because of its alpha blending or w/e its called.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you could always have two CSS files. One for IE, and one for everything else.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You might want to check out this site, Martin.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: