Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Computer Literacy
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:30 pm   Post subject: Computer Literacy

Im making myself "Computer Smart" this summer. I bought my computer, its being shipped, should be here in a few days. Ive been spending my time on PCstats.com for a while. Lots of good information.

Currently learning command prompt stuff. Ive decided to create directories of my computer using ">" every so often, and checking them against each other to see if anything new has been added, and what it is. This way if anything malicious gets in I will have a good chance of finding it. Well at least a better chance.

Im writing a program that checks two directories against each other. Easy enough. I was just wondering if I could set it up to run automatically. If I write batch files to do it, and have the programs run when I load up the computer, or every 7 days or something.

I know its possible actually. I just don't know how.

Clarify: How do I make a program (ANY program) run when I boot the computer.

EDIT: Can you have flexible arrays in turing in a procedure?
procedure TEST (var yarrr : flexible array 1..0 of string)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
NikG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

1. Why not just add the program/batch file into your Start>Programs>Startup folder?

2. No, you can't do it that way, but you can do it this way:
code:
procedure TEST (var yarrr : array 1..* of string)

Using the * means you can pass an array of any size into the proc, all you need is the upper function.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Install Linux! You know you want to (at least set up a dual boot).
rdrake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Install Linux! You know you want to (at least set up a dual boot).
Of course, there's always FreeBSD Wink. Many people (including myself) find it easy to develop almost anything using BSD as a platform. Properly using a *nix variant would also make tampering with system files difficult at best.

As for what kind of approach you should take using winders, just write a bash script and place it in the Startup folder like NikG said.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: