Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] -FINAL GUNNER-
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Remm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:29 am   Post subject: [FP] -FINAL GUNNER-

FINAL GUNNER
Hey all, this is my grade 10 final project. It took a great deal of time and is quite buggy. It will only work well on slower computers, to my experience anyways.
Arrow keys left / right to move cannon
Tab to fire the cannon

Ok, i KNOW the cannon has two blindspots, that the thing doesnt go at what angle you point it at, and that arrays would work 170% better. HOWEVER, arrays are a touch confusing, you can get used to the angle and the blindspots add... difficulty Razz

insane difficulty is meant to be glitchy, just to show some mass parabombs.

More stuff comes over time, so dont just quit 20 seconds into the game. You'll miss out on sweet UFOs (watch them drop a bomb, it rocks)

Okay, and now for your enjoyment and bit-throwing, i give you:
(Sadly this is my first time adding attachments, so tell me if it doesnt work!!!)

Edit: I forgot to thank TheOneTrueGod for his angle making program!! Without it I would have had to learn arrays Wink Thanks man!

Final Gunner.zip
 Description:
Download me!

Download
 Filename:  Final Gunner.zip
 Filesize:  81.53 KB
 Downloaded:  390 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hack.saw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Worked fie for me.. only had 1 probelm.. THe angle of the gun isnt quite the angle of the bullet. Just a small problem that you can figure out how to aim with if u memorise the angle of difference. (sry for any bad spelling)
Remm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

its ok, but that was one of the main things of doing it w/o arrays, i had really no idea what I was doing, just massive trial and error. It took a good 4 or 5 days to get the gun to shoot they way it did, so I was happy with it. If somthing enters your blind spot, then just face strait west or east, and it'll fire fine like that.
After you get used to the way it fires, you'll be fine.
Hack.saw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I know i just learned how to use arrays for all the stuff. Anywho id be happy with what it is all you have to do is aim a little bit lower than the object and your set. Smile
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Remm, if you would like this moved to [FP] then PM me or one of the other Mods. Otherwise you can leave here in [Source].
Remm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well... this I'd like the code to stay source, but wherever that place of bits apply. I read somthing about the bit distribution for Final projects and how it was all worked out. Least I thought it went here. Move it at your discression (... i think i spelt that right)
Mr. T

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:39 pm   Post subject: Re: [FP] -FINAL GUNNER-

Remm wrote:
Edit: I forgot to thank TheOneTrueGod for his angle making program!! Without it I would have had to learn arrays Wink Thanks man!

You should learn to use arrays anyways. Wink They are very useful.
Remm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i tried but... with the deadline and all (even though it prolly wouldnt have taken that long to learn) I wasnt really into figuring out a whole new thing, and then applying it to shooting. The way it works right now, im happy with it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The quick array tutorial, just for you!

Instead of this:
code:
var x1, x2, x3, x4, x5 : int

Do this:
code:
var x : array 1 .. 5 of int

Instead of this:
code:
x1 := x3 + x5

Do this:
code:
x(1) := x(3) + x(5)

Instead of this:
code:
x1 := 5
x2 := 5
x3 := 5
x4 := 5
x5 := 5

Do this:
code:
for i : 1 ..5
    x(i) := 5
end for

And... you now have experienced the wonders of arrays. Arrays are simply groupings of variables.
Remm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jeez. that tutorial right there beats the one in the turing walkthrugh. Simple and to the point. I acually somewhat understand what they are for and how to use them now!
Too bad im already done the turing course Very Happy
NikG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Remm wrote:
jeez. that tutorial right there beats the one in the turing walkthrugh. Simple and to the point. I acually somewhat understand what they are for and how to use them now!
Too bad im already done the turing course Very Happy

Why too bad? Creating arrays is possible in almost all languages. If you plan to continue programming, then array knowledge will help you in any language you learn next.
upthescale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good game, liek the graphics
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The goods: very well commented code, i always like that.. good graphics..
the bads: well.. using turing 4.0.5 use Music.PlayFileReturn (song file) .. it will continue the game while playing the sound file..

+bits
Clayton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have one question: Why so many PROCESSES?!?!?! using procedures would have made your life so much easier, next time try using procedures in place of processes
upthescale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use them for sound only dude, other than taht there a reck
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: