Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Marking Scheme + End Date
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] Contest 2006/2008
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:11 am   Post subject: Marking Scheme + End Date

We will be using the same Marking Scheme as last year and all langues wil be marked agisted each other since the scheme dose not discrimate between langues.

The marking Scheme will be:

• Appearance/User Interface - 20 marks
  • Analysis - 20 marks
  • Thinking/Inquiry - 20 marks
  • Bug Proof - 10 marks
  • Coding Efficiency - 20 marks
  • Software Design & Structure -
  • User Poll - 10 marks

Total out of 120

The over all sorce will be an average of each markers total.

There will be a best in each of the fallowing catagorys:

• Most Artistic
  • Best Analysis
  • Best Design
  • Best Coding
  • Most Thoughtful
  • Overall Best

The rewards will be a bit of web hosting for the best overall, e-mails for other bests and bits for the runner ups. (If you whont to chage in your reward for somthing lower that is ok (ex, hosting for e-mail or e-mail for bits.)

The dead line of the contest will be the end of this mont:

June 30th

The marking will start on the week end affter that and the reslosts will be up the next week. Have fun an hurry with your coding!!!

P.S. No poll or a poll with the ununderstable options means 0/10 for the polling catagory.

P.P.S. Copying some one eltes code with out giving credit will mean you are disquifed, lose bits, and other poisable penetialitys. Please read the rules befor posting your project.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
upthescale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wel sed dan, well sed

but im gnuna make 10 different account on 10 diff computers and vote me fer excellent cuz im bad and eeryoen will vote poor for me

....just kdiding lol
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:47 am   Post subject: Coding?

Do we need to submit our source code?
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You don't HAVE to, but it makes marking easyer and we encorge it so others can learn. However in some cases it may be needed and we will ask you to send it to the staff privately and will not be posted publicly unless you whont it to be.

Noramly this is only asked for if the is doubth that you worte it or we have to see somthing to give a mark for one of the catagorys.

Persoanly i whould like to see every one post there so we can all learn and improve on our selves. It is unlikey that some one whould steal your code and if they where cougth reposting it we whould ban them in some cases.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
upthescale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What would banning do, cudn't they still come back and look in the forums? even though they ca't log in, they can still copy soruce codes if there avalaible
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well you have to be logged in to download any attached files
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
upthescale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OHHH THAT EXPLAINS ALOT, i wasnt logedf in 10 mintues ago and i was in this forum and nothign was here, no files i was like uhh wut happened and then i logged in and now there backlol thx for that
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
well you have to be logged in to download any attached files

When some one is banned they are perma logged in, intill there cokies go away or expicre and it will not log them out. This means they can not uses the site from that computer intill the cokie expireses and if it is a difrent kind of banned like a ip ban then they may not be able to use any computer at that location and this site.

Aucatly there is a bug in the ban system so the site kind of errors up when you are banned witch makes it even harder and funnyer for peoleop who get banned.

P.S. the idea of a ban is not to stop them from seeing the site but to stop them from put crap on it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hackmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Umm... Guys... This may be obvious, and sorry if I'm reviving a dead topic, but Is it due june 30, 2007, or june 30 2006? I have this kick @$$ RPG that i'm working on, and I was gonna post to the site anyhow, but it would be better if I might win a prize. I hope you mean 2007, because really, I would love to see how my program stacks against other people on this site.

Thanks!
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm pretty sure it's June 30 of 2007 not of 2006.
uberwalla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

even if it wasnt 2007 then come june of 2007 there will be a new one anyway. so dont worry about it ull be able to have it in a fp
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This post was just copyed form the 2005-2006 contest, this contest is for the 2006-2007 school year, so it whould be june 30th, 2007
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice, that means that i'll actually get to participate, even if i am not excellent at this, i do enjoy it enough to try. Cool
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice, that means that i'll actually get to participate, even if i am not excellent at this, i do enjoy it enough to try. Cool
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Marking Scheme + End Date

ok ok ok I know this is 2 years old but 2 things

1) it seems no one actually posted any fps for tche contests

2) the title says 2008 does that mean we are having the contest this year or is that a typo and if it is a typo can we have it this year? Razz
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] Contest 2006/2008
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: