Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] Stick-Fighting Championship
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
poly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:21 pm   Post subject: [FP] Stick-Fighting Championship

alright well today I handed in my project (after a few quick things were added on it) and I thought I'd post it up here to get some feedback on it. This version I am posting has a few screwed up things in it, like when picking a fighter u must spell it correctly with a Capital and theres a few others, but they were fixed in the copy I handed in.
Its a 2 player game, the code has not been slimmed down (there is unneccessary code just laying around) I am assuming you will be opening this up with WINOOT, if you are using regular turing (good ol' dos one) than you will have to comment the line or take it out.
code:
View.Set ("graphics:640;480")

I guess I should add...
In the fighting part of the game there is a health % and " |" and than a number for each fighter. well the percent is the health and the number to the right of it is ur fighters energy. I will breifly explain the energy... To punch or kick it takes 20 energy, so u must have atleast 20 or more energy to punch/kick. When you move left or right you will gain back some energy. So just keep moving back and forth until u have enough energy to do a action. This was done for grade 10 computer science class, this semister.

Dan's Marking:

Game play: 20/25
Coding: 20/35
Ideas/Conspets: 20/20
Graficks: 5/5
Bugs: 5/10
Help/Info: 5/5
Bonuse: 10

Total: 85/100

Coments: *some error checking in meuns whould be nice
*game play is buggy wich is hrad to fix but posabale
*like the home made stick men
*looks like you put lot of wrok in to game
*as for coding, more fuctions for caluations and menus may help but it is prity good
*i whould say over all this is a good game alougth the game play is a bit off
*gave bonuse for orgiale game idea and for doing own graficks

fpart.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fpart.t
 Filesize:  39.27 KB
 Downloaded:  773 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice... I'd say this has some nice stuff for a grade 10 project. I'll let Darkness mark it on project quality and give you bits for it.

but overall I like it. The only area I would be conserned with are you controls. Players can jam keys as input is taken 1 key at the time... you should try using Input.KeyDown instead. There's a tutorial called "controling your characters" or something
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
poly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can you do that in regular turing...the grade 10 class was Turing (the dos one) not Winoot, so we couldnt use winoot code. And I am sorry for posting it in the wrong area
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its for DOS?! man, the stuff is as good as it gets then Wink

and dont worry about the area, they are quite similar. Submitions are for full programs, source code is just for pieces of code others could use in theirs...
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
poly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
its for DOS?! man, the stuff is as good as it gets then

well if were on the same page than yes if we arent than, well i was meaning that the grade 10 class is for the good old Turing that has the layout/look of dos. Winoot is taught in grade 11 (next year for me)

Lets jsut say your a teacher, what would you give this? out of 100%.(my teacher is marking them this week and I just want to know what you guess think its worth)
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its the same language with same syntax... but DOS has limitations as it doesnt run a lot of useful commands... so why would your school do that?
poly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well in grade 10 we learn Turing, than in grade 11 we learn Winoot and than in grade 12 i think we learn java and something else not to sure though about grade12
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

And now for the moment you've been waiting for Smile

APPEARANCE: The game looks nice, however it needs more colour, as well as more animation. The interface is very simple (a good thing), and everything works. No graphical errors (that I could find at least). Very complete. 20/40 bits

CONTROLS: The controls are simple and well placed, however the game suffers from the user being able to only press one key at a time. Also, in the main menu if you give it anything other than an integer, the game will crash. 20/40 bits

GAMEPLAY: The gameplay is simple. Multiple games can be played without having to restart the program. Again, this suffers from the inability to have more than one input at a time. 40/80 bits

COMPLEXITY: Straightforward. The ability to custom make your own wrestler is a nice feature. 45/60 bits. Very good

SOURCE: Clean, commented. Some unused code. 25/40 bits

In total, you recieved 150 bits!!!!!!

Congratulations.

My biggest reccommendation would be using Input.KeyDown for the input instead of getch. Also, you should change the menu to a getch and check if menu = "1" then instead of if menu = 1 then (change menu into a string(1)).

All in all, very good job.

Remember, if you feel that you have fixed any of the above features, you can resubmit your game.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kool. Thanks for the feedback Tony and Darkness. Ummm just like to say that I would have had it so that users can press a button at the same time, but like i said to Tony, the coarse uses turing that cant multitask, so I did the best I could to get it to go! The version I submitted here, is like a 1 hour old version, i went like crazy trying to fix everything up, but i dont think ill resubmit the game, im pretty happy on what ya guys gave me Very Happy

Now im just crossing my fingers and hoping I can get like a 90% or more for this game in my class.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn, he got 150 bits for his stick figure game and i only got 10 bits for my risk that i spent my entire march break working on? come on ppl, where is the justice...
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

message Darkness about final projects you already submited
poly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm wow u actually gave up ur march break to do ur game, good job! (and im not being sarcastic)
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it was my midterm... i had to work hard plus, i had to raise my 98% to 100%, but, it didn't it left me with a 99%, oh well, the final project'll bring my up my mark...
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, this is a contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whatever
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 37 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: