Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Please help me link to #location; it messes up whole page
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
asteffes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:44 am   Post subject: Please help me link to #location; it messes up whole page

Quick layout of my site:I have a 3 <div> column webpage. All columns are full-height/liquid.

Problem: My left column has a link to a location on the center column like this:

Past Performance 2

On my center column, I have an anchor tag like this:
Story

When I use this method it scrolls the center column to that location and leaves all the other columns in their original position. The result is a very messy setup with all of the <divs> rearranged. on the screen and no way to revert back.

Are there any suggestions on how to have the whole page scroll to the desired location instead of just the center column? thanks for any help!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hm... so you have a div like so, and an anchor like so?
code:
<div id="middle_column">
    <a href="#target">Click me!</a>
    </p><a name="target"></a>I'm the target, go me.</p>
</div>
If so, could you please post an example page? Also, be sure to test in multiple browsers. This problem could be thanks to incorrect rendering (ie. Internet Explorer, the plague of the internet).
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: