Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Another university or collage question thingy
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

And some companies may hire you with a Bachelor's degree, then while you're working for them, send you back to get a Master's degree.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

McKenzie wrote:
Quite frankly a lot of real companies would rather see that you were the captain of a Curling club than see a Masters on your resume.

what if you were the captain of a Curling club AND have a Masters under your belt? Wink
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What if you have a Masters in Curling sociology?
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

then you shouldnt be looking for a tech job Laughing
md

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm curious as to how curling because the topic... but seeing as it is actually more wide spread in tech people then you'd think perhaps it's not surprising.

I should really look into taking curling up again... I could use some team sports on my resume.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Real geeks play polo on segways.
md

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I actually can buy a segway... they sell them in a store just by my house. They cost a rediculous amount though, more then a decent motorcycle.

Besides; I think it's well established I'm not a geek... what with spending lots of time in the sun and having a girlfriend and all Wink
Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that doesnt necessarily mean u arent a geek Wink you could have a geeky girlfriend Very Happy oh and a geek doesnt necessarily not get a lot of sun either Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok... so she is geeky too... and I suppose geeks can get sun. But what about sports? Do geekss play sports?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:
Do geekss play sports?

Apparently
Mazer wrote:
Real geeks play polo on segways.

Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not sure I'd classify polo as a sport. Polo on segways, definitely not. In fact, if a sport involves the use of machines/computers (by the "athlete") then probably not. So all you CAL pros can put your hands down, you're not that cool.

Minsc plays sports. We don't know if he's any good though. And it's not like we can verify they're real sports and not "today in my weekly D&D session I was roleplaying the hundred meter dash with my boots of the cheetah." Tsk.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
I'm not sure I'd classify polo as a sport. Polo on segways, definitely not. In fact, if a sport involves the use of machines/computers (by the "athlete") then probably not. So all you CAL pros can put your hands down, you're not that cool.

Wheelchair basketball isn't a sport then eh? I think these "athletes" would have something to say about that. Move back to Germany, fascist.
codemage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Given that the most popular "sport" in America is NASCAR racing (and by a good margin), the machine / computer definition might need reworking.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Mazer wrote:

Wheelchair basketball isn't a sport then eh? I think these "athletes" would have something to say about that. Move back to Germany, fascist.

Back to Germany? Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly. Wheelchair basketball involves physical activity, and grats to those you participate in that sport. Things I don't count as physical activity include the likes of standing on a multi-thousand dollar vehicle occassionally swinging at a ball, or sitting in a chair using "uber micro".

I still don't get Nascar as a sport. But then, I don't really get spending a day to watch it.
we64

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, my marks through high school has been almost the same. It is all high 80s except for this year, just got above 90 to get president scholarship. I don't think I have worked any harder in grade 12 than grade 9 actually, every year it is almost like the same to me. I can say my average falls in a range of 88+- 2%.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 55 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: