Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Visual C++
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ye...but as other ppl say...for isp's and stuff use devc++, cuz its much better...once u learn opengl things can be a lot better Very Happy. Just ask Catalyst
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i thought it was like

learning edition
:newbie: only
professional
for like, your own personal use
enterprise
multiple licenses for networks?
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it doesnt matter which one you use really... source code is the same (well untill you get into openGL and such... as far as I know, there's a bit of source variation to get things working)

its all about the text editor and what makes it easier for you to code in. VC++ has colorcoding, argument passing help (it shows you the function line and tells you in what order to pass the arguments) and drop down menues for objects methods.

VC++ is the only C++ editor/compiler I ever used and I like it. As rizzix pointed out, when I was searching for a java IDE, try them all out and see which one you like best.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
UBC_Wiskatos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
hey i dled visual c++ standard of kazaa, is there advanced? and if there is what is the difference

Professional doesn't have all the goodies like profilers, extreme optimization, and some other stuff. If you're not making professional programs, just get Standard, it's fine.
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

optimization in VC++ sucks.. it ruins ur program. very inaccurate and horrifying. don't use it. if u need to compile an optimized app, use (the non-standard) intel compiler, or you can even try the GNU compiler (works to quite an extent).
PHP God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why does everyone say emmess like this "M$". Do you have to pay a nickel every time you say it or something?
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, yes you do. well, it's 15 cents here in Canada because of the exchange rate.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: