Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing practice contest!
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
chrispminis

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Naw, I never log on this site at school. I'm actually surprised to see Peter posting from his house. But yeah, you definetely know me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, what I saw as a common IP turned out to be some hickup on a backbone network that escalated to logging... for both of you.

Your home IPs are so redicilously close, that your ISP hubs appear to be sitting on the same rack.. somewhere in Etobicoke?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
NikG

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I want to see how far he'll take this.
PJ_69 wrote:
If you want to know the truth, I am required to do this for a special course I am currently takeing, in which I am required to make a contest. I shall not bore you with the details, as they are fairly long, but know this, the contest is true, and the reason that I picked turing is because as they say "I am killing two birds with one stone" I am trying to learn turing more, as I am in a very basic leveled class, and trying to do my project.
Please, "bore me with the details" about this special course.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I whould alos like to know the details of such a corse and just how you plan on runing a contest with questions like that. Also if you could give us the name or your school, the corse number + name and the teacher supersvising it then maybe compsci.ca could help out promting your contest. Tho i find it unlikey that you whould be able to proived such since it is cleary fake. Tho i do give you marks for one of the most creative ways to getinging your home work done since the nerd rap guyl
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PJ_69

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nerd rap guy?

Anyways, I still see that I am getting 100% negative-ness from these forums. Once again, I do not know you, you must be thinking I am someone else, if you provide me with your real first name, and grade, I might know who you are.

Back to the topic: If you are still unsure about the contest, I can have my partner sign up to confirm the project. And just so you know I won't be trying to cheat, he can sign up at home, using a diffrent ip address.

The course that I am taking is a "expiremental" one. One of the teachers thought it would be cool to explore the "real life world" But in a compacted course, with everything mixed together. By "expiremental" I mean the school first needs to confirm the course is running well, before issueing any of the advanced stuff. People call this course many things, I prefer to call it "Life 101- A compacted course to teach you about life!" We do ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT, of things in this courrse, and we are in a unit that deals with a little bit of financing, internet, advertising, communicating, etc. Thus, contests fell under most of them, and is a project.

Quote:
Please, "bore me with the details" about this special course.

By "bore you with details" I meant about the project, but oh well, here are some more details in a compacted outline.

Contest Project

You will be creating a contest based on what you have learned from this section of the course. You may choose ANY format you wish. You must set up your contest so it is accesible by me. Once everyone is completed there contest I will judge them, top three get the highest amount of money, the rest will get slightly lower amounts. This contest will be played out by people outside of this course, and money will be handed out to the people.

Marking Scheme (too much typing)

That is the basic outline typed by me, the real one is much more detailed.
cool dude

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i highly doubt that an actual course that people pay money to take in the first place will pay u money for making a contest. LMAOF!!! Laughing dude get a life! even if it was for real no one will join such a contest that requires little skill to do. contests are meant for challenges! if u that desperately needed help with your homework which i presume than u could have posted it in the help section. u know we might believe u if u post an exe of each program u made showing us u did the work! but i don't think u have that because u r trying to get us to do it for u
PJ_69

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool dude wrote:
i highly doubt that an actual course that people pay money to take in the first place will pay u money for making a contest. LMAOF!!! Laughing dude get a life! even if it was for real no one will join such a contest that requires little skill to do. contests are meant for challenges! if u that desperately needed help with your homework which i presume than u could have posted it in the help section. u know we might believe u if u post an exe of each program u made showing us u did the work! but i don't think u have that because u r trying to get us to do it for u

1. I did not pay for it, not the "expiremental"

2. Money was donated by teachers relatives

3. This is my first contest

4. If I would have made it too challening the teacher might have gotten mad.
zylum

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
I whould alos like to know the details of such a corse and just how you plan on runing a contest with questions like that. Also if you could give us the name or your school, the corse number + name and the teacher supersvising it then maybe compsci.ca could help out promting your contest. Tho i find it unlikey that you whould be able to proived such since it is cleary fake. Tho i do give you marks for one of the most creative ways to getinging your home work done since the nerd rap guyl

why dont you provide that information?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PJ_69

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I did provide all the info, except the following:

SChool: Humberside

Teacher: Mr.Voskowich

Since the course is not official, the code will be provided (if the course is succesful) next year.
do_pete

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I bet the course code is TIK 201 Laughing
PJ_69

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do_pete wrote:

ummmm....no.
chrispminis

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PJ_69 wrote:
do_pete wrote:

ummmm....no.

ummmm....yes.

lol. Pay me money pigger.

It's me Chris. Grade 10 blah blah, whos Mr. Voskowich?
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I just looked up the info on Humberside C. I. and they have no teachers or staff by the name Voskowich so......pwned.

Befor you go and say it is the wrong school, it is the only registed high school in your area by that name. And if you whont to tell me you are going to a high school that is not listed in goverment canada's recoreds then you are going to have biger problems then some turing home work come graduation.

Now futher more looking up the school borad they list all schools that offer progames/cores, ect that are spesahal/new/uniqice to the school. And there is no such progame listed. An idivaidal teacher can not make a corse nor can they give you credit for a corse or club they made up. Such desions are made by the school borad. And the school borad this school is in has no listings of such a progame or credited equlivent in any school never mind the one you listed.

So how do you expain the missing theacher, corse and infromation form both the school borads data and the schools web page and the school borads webpage?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PJ_69

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You seem to have some problems reading hacker dan, as I mentioned before, the course is still in the "expiremental stage" I know I will not get any credit for it, but as the teacher said "If they allow my course in the school, if the people who have taken it this year, take it next year, they will definetly get above 50 (a pass)" Are you sure you did not find him? What are your sources "Ratemyteacher" ? They are not very reliable, check again, maybe you or I mispelled his name, he might of used another name when going into the school, there are infinite possibilities. So as I said before, this contest is true, if you need more evidence, I will ask my partner to register here and verify it is true.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PJ_69 wrote:
What are your sources "Ratemyteacher" ?

how about your school's website?

It's not a misspelling.. there's noone even close to the name.

Having your "partner" register means nothing, as you can just as easily sign up for another account yourself. Here's a wild though, how about you get your teacher to post?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 47 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: