Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3DS Model converter
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
iker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:03 pm   Post subject: 3DS Model converter

Working on a game in vc#, and to use models, they must be in .x format (mesh files or something like that) and I downloaded an older version of the converter for vc# ver.7(because thats the only one), and had to convert it to ver.8(vc# automatically does this), but it has a failed conversion... Anyways, point of the matter is that I've searched for a converter and can't seem to find one! Can anyone help me out a bit please Question
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
iker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I managed to find out that blender imported and exported 3ds & .x files, and downloaded it, but then got an error preventing me from importing a file. I says that there's something wrong with the python scripts and was wondering if anyone could help me out.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Do you have python installed?
iker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No I don't. I didn't see anything that said I needed python, I just assumed that it was built into the program somehow and read the scripts... I guess that explains it then... off to find python Exclamation
iker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, so I guess downloading python didn't realy help Mad... Theres a problem with loading images and finding objects. Heres some pics to show exactly whats happening. I'm trying to import a Mushroom 3DS file. Using a Mushroom because no games complete without atleast one "Mystical Mushroom", or so they say...

wtf3.JPG
 Description:
last
 Filesize:  80.28 KB
 Viewed:  1052 Time(s)

wtf3.JPG

wtf2.JPG
 Description:
second
 Filesize:  70.42 KB
 Viewed:  1050 Time(s)

wtf2.JPG

wtf1.JPG
 Description:
first
 Filesize:  70.12 KB
 Viewed:  1052 Time(s)

wtf1.JPG

iker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Figured it out so all you people who eagerly wanted to help me don't have to worry. I guess there was one word in the script that was wrong, so I fixed it, and now it works. I checked some blender forum and found the answer. Anyways, now I just have to find some good textures and I can continue with my first person game.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: