Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Power Supplies
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:48 pm   Post subject: Power Supplies

Well, my bro is looking at getting a new power supply. lets face it, generic power supplies suck. they arent reliable and dont last very long - we all know that. He has a nicely modded case and would prefer a flashy power supply to go with it. but, he's obviously going to need something that is reliable and will last a while. i've seen some nice looking ones, but i dont really know too much about them. These are a few that he's looking at right now, what do you think?

modstream 520

ultra 500
thermaltake 500
aspire 500
raidmax 580

then theres other psu's like diablo and xg. he really likes that aspire one, but like i said, i can't give good advice on these kinds here. the only manufacturers i looked into were enermax and antec because i heard they were two of the best. but they dont build psu's for looks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If i were him, i'd get the ultra.. lifetime warrantee for computer components do mater.. but you're right, enermax makes the best psu, at ATI, if a machine goes down, the first three things we check is mobo and psu. if it's an intel mobo and enermax psu, and seagate hard drive, then 99% of the time the problem is somewhere else
Blade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ultra eh? i dont know. i know tigerdirect likes to sell a lot of ultra stuff, from memory to cases to psus, to hard drive enclosures, etc. but the things is i dont know how reliable the psu is. take okia for example, from experience with a couple okia psus, i found they werent any more reliable than just plain old generic.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well they do have an life time warranty..
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

All I can say is don't go with POWMAX unless you want a cheap PSU and a quick lightshow. Wink
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: