Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Why Does M$ Do This so Often?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
person

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:47 am   Post subject: Why Does M$ Do This so Often?

http://news.com.com/New+bug+can+crash+Internet+Explorer/2100-1002_3-6051656.html?tag=nefd.top

Ok...they find another bug with IE ( Rolling Eyes big surprise Rolling Eyes ). Anyways, now they decide to push a patch to fix it untill some big exploit. I do not understand why on earth they would do that.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you don't understand why they would patch the flaw? Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

They probably just want some free advertising. Remember there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Boo-chan wrote:
Remember there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Ford's Pinto! Twisted Evil
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No wifi at lakehead? (do i even need a link, sigh)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
person

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
you don't understand why they would patch the flaw?

I don't understand why they wouldn't patch the flaw.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

did you even read the article?

Quote:
Microsoft is investigating the issue, a company representative said in an e-mailed statement. "At this time, we are not aware of any attacks attempting to use the reported vulnerability," the representative wrote.

Once it completes its inquiry, Microsoft said, it may issue a security advisory or provide a patch through its monthly release process.
person

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Microsoft is investigating the issue, a company representative said in an e-mailed statement. "At this time, we are not aware of any attacks attempting to use the reported vulnerability," the representative wrote.

Once it completes its inquiry, Microsoft said, it may issue a security advisory or provide a patch through its monthly release process.

To me that just sounds like "We're not going to do anything untill someone exploits this vulnerability".
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They do this to get back at everyone who keeps saying "M$". Honestly, if I had people calling me "Nikolao$" all the time a browser exploit would be the least of your worries.

To be fair, bugs are everywhere. A bug that crashes a browser doesn't seem so extraordinary. I'm not saying it's OK to leave the problem unpatched, but can you think of anything going on at Microsoft right now that might leave their developers very busy?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tho if there software was open sorce and made right this bug whould have been fixed long ago as well as many others by now....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
person

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not saying that it's only the browser exploit. I mean they do this to soooo many things. The browser was just an example that I resently came by.
Although you do have a point, they are working on other more important tings.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's not just IE...

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=7059
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:

Although you do have a point, they are working on other more important tings.

Like adding scure computing to windows vista so we can push the big brother thing up another notch (as if bush was not enougth).
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know. i'm sick of people bashing bush for every little thing... he's not even OUR president.. i was walking down UT the other day, and i saw a protest that said get our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq.. WTF! WE DONT HAVE TROOPS IN IRAQ, AND OUR TROUPS ARE WELCOMED IN AFGHANISTAN FOR PEACE KEEPING...
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL Bush-lover! I don't see if Bush has anything to do with the secure computing, but it is pretty ridiculous there. And I don't like to try and push Linux on everybody, but the sooner people leave Windows the better.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: