Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Send SMS text messages using this prog
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
NikG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:52 pm   Post subject: Send SMS text messages using this prog

Hey all,
new member NikG here. Although I joined this site mostly for the Turing discussion, I thought I'd post one of my VB projects over here.

As the title says, this prog lets you send text messages.
Just type in a signature (up to 8 chars), the destination number (10 digits max) and your msg.
Messages usually arive instantly. It really works! (well, sometimes it might not... still don't know why that is)

some notes:
-An active Internet connection is needed (meaning you must be online when u use this prog)
-Although it's free to send text msgs using this program, keep in mind that the person who's cellphone is receiving these msgs may be charged for each one received! As far as I know, Rogers is the only company with free incoming txt msgs.
-As mentioned above, occasionally the msgs dont seem to send. What you can do it press send, wait for a couple of minutes, and if the msg hasnt arrived, just press send again and it should work.

EDIT: Before anyone asks, I do not have the source code for this anymore because my computer crashed a few months back. I've been trying to recreate it since then without much luck.

Also, there's a trick to how I did this. Let's see who can find out what it is. (Hint: those with a firewall might have an advantage here)

The Extension 'exe' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
tupac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wow Shocked thats a pretty cool program! i'd ask for the code... but as i can see you dont have it anymore... thats unfortunate. but yea.. good job!
tupac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

btw +10 bits!
NikG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In case anyone was wondering, my intention for this program was to use it in some sort of a calendar/organizer type program. You could use it to leave reminders for yourself so that it would send text msgs to you, wherever you are at whatever time.
(assuming of course the user left the computer on with this prog loaded and had an always-on Internet connection Razz)
blissfullydysphoric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Send SMS text messages using this prog

Can you resubmit this?
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Send SMS text messages using this prog

holy necro-post batman!

Welcome to CompSci.ca! Generally we prefer members not to revive year-old topics. It is preferred that you PM the original poster for a question like this as opposed to bringing up a topic through 3 pages of death.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: