Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 video converters
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:26 pm   Post subject: video converters

i just got one of those cool new ipods and was trying to upload some videos but it turns out it only accepts MOV MPEG and MP4. what software do you guys recommend for converting avi and rm to those types? the ones i tried so far all leave watermarks Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mplayer, and it's encoding program mencoder. It'll encode to a lot of different formats, reads just about anything, and is free and cross platform (windows, linux, probably others too). Oh, and no watermarks Wink
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm i cant figure out how to use it... what command would i use to convert a movie called movie.avi to movie.mov? as well as change resolution to 320x240?
md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think it can record to .mov but I know it does mpeg. Do a google for "gentoo howto mplayer" the first link should give you some help (yeah... it's a gentoo wiki... but hte instructions for encoding are the same).
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: