Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 form??
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
pavol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:02 pm   Post subject: form??

hi
i have a program and in it i'm hiding a form. so when someone clicks on a button i have the following code
code:
Me.Hide
otherForm.Show

now when im on a different form and i want to show the original form: ???.Show what procedures are called when that original form shows. i know Form_Load probably isn't called because the form was just hidden not unloaded. so does it call Form_Activate or Form_GotFocus. the reason im asking is because i need something to happen when that form is shown and i can't seen to get it to work.
any help appreciated
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

probably Form_GotFocus, but you should test it out with like a message box or something just to make sure.

Better yet
code:

Me.Hide
otherForm.Show
otherForm.method

Where you call other form's method directly.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
pavol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks Tony
you gave me the idea to use message boxes to check and so i put one in each of the form procedures (the ones i though were relevant) activate, resize, paint, initialize, load, gotfocus and it turns out that for some reason the only one that gets called when i show a form from hiding is form_activate. and so my program works now.
regardless, thanks for the help Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: