Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci.ca NWN server
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:15 am   Post subject: Compsci.ca NWN server

I'm running a small Compsci.ca NWN server off my home connection. I dunno how many people it will support concurrently, but it should do a couple. Anyone interested in playing should PM me or email me for more info, and may want to be quick; space is on a first come first serve basis Wink

Oh, and teh server is running "Lord of Terror", quite a good module so far as I can tell from play testing. There might be a few bugs to work out though... so patience is key...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

And we only need the first expansion, or both? Is there a minimum level for the module or is it OK for starters?
md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

right now you need the first expansion and the LoT hakpak.

You can get the hakpak from http://nwn.tolitz.com/lordofterror/. The sounds are apparently not required, though they are sweet.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm a bit confused, since I've never played NWN... Is it an MMORPG? Is it free? How do we play on your server? What do we download? Confused
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NWN is a MMORPG, where the first M stands for "minorly", not "massively". It's based on Dungeons and Dragons 3rd edition rules, which rules. Wink

You have to purchase the game to get your own CD Key, which is required for multiplayer play. You can download the game for linux, though they assume you bought it in the first place to get your CD key. There might just be some CD Keys floating around in cyberspace, though.

Edit: Oh yeah, and since this will be multiplayer, it opens up a lot of new classes that aren't so great when playing solo. Dibs on Bard/Shadowdancer.
md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

To play you talk to me on the IRC channel or ask someone else who is playing on the server for the IP and password. The using your legally aquired cdkey and client you connect to the server and play!

I'm currently working on another module to use instead of LoT; however it may be a while before the new module is even close to playable...
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
NWN is a MMORPG, where the first M stands for "minorly", not "massively".

I could've sworn that was supposed to be manly.

/me uninstalls NWN Sad
md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Cervantes wrote:

/me uninstalls NWN Sad

Masively Manly Online Role Playing Game? Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:
Coutsos wrote:
Cervantes wrote:

/me uninstalls NWN Sad

Masively Manly Online Role Playing Game? Razz

Massively! I thought it was multicultural!

/me formats his hard drive just to be safe
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: