Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Boxing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ClayWall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:17 pm   Post subject: Turing Boxing

Turing Boxing

- Workout To Build Up Boxer
- Reach Top Rank Before Boxer Ages
- Auto Save
- D&D Style Combat
- Random Opponents

New Turing Boxing 2 At Bottom
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

pretty good for a text based game. gameplay a little bit weird but oh well good job
+bits
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sweet game. You could make it better, if you have the time, is show two boxers and just have them swing or defend. Like the old time games. Anyway really good game. keep it up
ClayWall

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya, the gameplay is a bit weird, but it worked so I didn't mess with it. I put this game together fast and some other things could be added. I'm working on Turing Boxing 2 now. I'm fixing old things and adding new stuff. I'll try to find some sounds and pictures to add. If anyone has ideas to add that I may not have thought of, post 'em and I'll see what I can do.

Turing Boxing 2

- Workout To Build Up Boxer
- Reach Top Rank Before Boxer Ages
- Autosave
- D&D Style Combat
- Random Opponents

New

- Staff
- Sponsers
- Rings
- Attacks and Damage
- Winning Fights
Jeremiah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya dude sweet game. im sposed to be doin homework due tomorow morning, and ive been caught in it lol. i culd kick myself lol, but i really like the game.
Jeremiah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i hope u handed this in or are going to, maybe with the minor graphics as sum 1 above posted. excellent and addicting game.
ClayWall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You say it's addicting now, I'm just finishing number 2 and it is a lot more fun. The fights go right down to the final few minutes. I know I'm done a game when I find myself playing it more than working on it, and now I'm playing it. My younger brother said it's a lot more fun now with the things I've added. Some things I said would be in it are not in it yet, and some things I never posted are in it, such as ...

New

- fighters are from random countries
- fights take place in random locations
- more workouts, with changes done to them
- rise in rank and attract bigger crowds for more money
- some settings can be changed
- fighting has been redone with stamina you have to keep up
- have gone from 6 divisions to 17 divisions
- winning be TKO
- work up ranks to win champion spot number 1
- creating a player with different ability scores determines weight

When I began playing it myself I got into one fight with this guy that was kicking my butt, it was last round with less than a minute to go, I attacked and opened a few cuts on my opponent, he was out of stamina and could not attack often. I began filling him in with punchs hoping for a TKO when ... the bell rang and I lost. Man that was an exciting fight!

It is still text-based with no sounds, but I'm looking. I hope to find some and post it soon.
ClayWall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I could not wait any longer to post Turing Boxing 2. Though still
text-based it now has sounds, and just because it's text-based don't let that scare you, this game is fun! Also there will be constant updates as bugs are found and ideas changed.

Turing Boxing.zip
 Description:
Turing Boxing 2

Download
 Filename:  Turing Boxing.zip
 Filesize:  174.64 KB
 Downloaded:  376 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
iker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its definately beter then the first one, but you can still beat the whole game with pressing "1" 75% of the time. Still, its addicting, and fun, but what else can you do with a text based game?
ClayWall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know what you mean, if you only train dexterity and agility you can always hit them and they can never hit you, but I'm working on it.

I have want to put all the GUI in it, but I also wanted to finish it first. The other day I began making it look good, but not being to good GUI I've run it to some problems.

I'm trying to get help in other forums so maybe soon I'll update with a better looking game.
iker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If you realy want me to, I can add in some graphics for your game, maby give it a new look? Just PM me or add me to msn if your interested.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ClayWall wrote:
I know what you mean, if you only train dexterity and agility you can always hit them and they can never hit you, but I'm working on it.

I have want to put all the GUI in it, but I also wanted to finish it first. The other day I began making it look good, but not being to good GUI I've run it to some problems.

I'm trying to get help in other forums so maybe soon I'll update with a better looking game.

DO NOT USE TURING'S GUI!!!!!!!! please spare us, it is horrible to work with and looks like crap anyway, if you really want it to look good make your own GUI, and if i remember someone posted their version of GUI before, search it and see what comes up, but just remember:
TURING'S GUI IS JUNK!!!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: