Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Which of the Next-Gen. Consoles do YOU prefer?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

next gen console
(No ending time set)
Xbox360
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
PlayStation 3
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
Nintendo Revolution
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

solblade05

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:17 pm   Post subject: Which of the Next-Gen. Consoles do YOU prefer?

I personally prefer Nintendo...

Oh and by the way NO CONSOLE WARS.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've added an actual poll question.

And Nintendo Revolution because of their inovative new design. Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are basically just hardware upgrades that render more polygons faster.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like Nintendo Revolution for many reasons incuding the comapy. But that control has to be fixed, i am not playing video games with a t.v. remote.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
But that control has to be fixed

If it wasn't for the original controller, then it would just be another console, same as all else, just underpowered in comparison.. Confused

VG to the rescue with highlights!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Most definitely the Revolution. Actually, I'm thinking of picking up a PSP sometime in the near future.
person

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i would probably go with the xbox360, i dont think most of the ppl on this site (including me) are in the nintendo target age group
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
i would probably go with the xbox360, i dont think most of the ppl on this site (including me) are in the nintendo target age group

Well maybe not phsicaly, lol

Ninitendo has done alot of stuiped over the last few years in my option but i still think they make the best qaulity hardware as well as the best priced. Also althought some of the main nintidoe software has been amined younger there has been alot of good games out for the Game Cube and the new link is not cell shaded (thank god).

P.S. great comic tony, i was laughting for like 2 mins.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think the Super Nintendo had the best games line up by the end of any console. Almost all of my favourite games were SNES games - Lufia 2, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy III most notably.

Now, I never owned a Nintendo 64, but playing through co-op with friends on Perfect Dark was incredible. Best first person shooter ever. Zelda was awesome too, but the system was completely lacking any real RPG's.

Now we come to the Gamecube, which kind of slipped up a bit. No RPG's, but still lots of great games. Resident Evil 4 and Smash Bros. come to mind.

Of the last generation of consoles, I the PS2 was my favourite with the XBox a close second. The PS2 has Final Fantasy, MGS, Resident Evil, GTA and Devil May Cry.

XBox has Ninja Gaiden and Halo. And XBox live. 'Nuff said.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
person

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PS3 and Xbox360 will have better graphics, and dont say that it's not that important because im sure none of u guys are gonna play any games with 8bit graphics
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
PS3 and Xbox360 will have better graphics, and dont say that it's not that important because im sure none of u guys are gonna play any games with 8bit graphics

I think you are missing a big point. The 360 is allready out and the PS3 will be out b4 the nintendo one. Almost allways the comapny to realses last gets the best graphics simpley b/c they wait and up the other guys one. Tho this may not be true for nintendo since there diesion making is randomish.

If peoleop only cared about graphicks they whould all be playing on P.C.s

To Martin: The game cube has some of the best RPGs i have ever played. The best in my option being tales of sphophiea (tho i only played the jappnes verson). But the point is there are RPGs for the game cube (some ninteondo ones too). Also the N64 had many RPGs too some aucatly made by nintendo.

But if u like the N64 and supper nintendo the revolution will be able to go online, download and play N64 and down titles. As well as being comabiant with gamecube games (i blive). Curetly they did not say how much this downloading will cost tho (perosanly i hope it is moth based not per game).
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Concerning the Revolution: According to Nintendo, the Revolution will play Revolution disks (duh) and Gamecube disks. Additionally, you will be able to download games from every other prior Nintendo console and play them too. They say that Nintendo made games will be free, but it will be up to other publishers to decide if their games will be free (because Nintendo doesn't own distribution rights). This could lead to some interesting promotions - look under the cap for a free download of Perfect Dark on your Nintendo Revolution!

RPG's for the N64 and Gamecube? Very few and far between. Quest 64 was perhaps the worst game I've ever played. In any case, nothing near the PS/PS2 collection.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm, do you realy whont me to list all the rpgs for the 2 systems (N64 and GCN) b/c that could take up some space, lol. Incomparson to other systems they do not have as many but there are hardly none or a very limited amount.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd be impressed with a list of 5 RPGs for the N64. Real RPGs (Final Fantasy-ish), not Zelda and such.
person

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

y wont u consider zelda as an rpg?
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Because Zelda's more of an action/adventure game than an RPG. Technically, every game is an RPG (in that you play a role) but that's not what I was talking about. Zelda is more of a reflex based game, wheras the generally accepted definition of an RPG would be something more turn based and strategic. I'd say that Zelda has more in common with Halo than with Final Fantasy.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 8  [ 114 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: