Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 linksys wireless-g notebook adapter
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:51 pm   Post subject: linksys wireless-g notebook adapter

my computer does not detect a linksys wireless-g notebook adapter when its plugged into the PCMCIA slot

this is wat i did

1) Installed the disk that came with the adapter.
2) Plugged the adapter in, and it tells me that the adapter is not installed.
3) I tried restarting the computer to see if it detects it on a restart, still doesnt work.
4) Tried makng it detect the hardware from the "Add New Hardware" option in control panel.
5) I'm now officially out of ideas.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:46 pm   Post subject: Re: linksys wireless-g notebook adapter

person wrote:
5) I'm now officially out of ideas.

are you absolutely sure that your PCMCIA and the adapter itself are functional?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wait, so it didnt install at all? as in your device manager looks exactly the same whether u plug the card in or not?
cool dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i actually have the exact same problem. somehow i managed to connect to the internet with my laptop but in my system tray it says D-Link AirPlus no card found. i have no idea wat network i'm connected to, but it seems to be working very well. if u figure out the problem please post the answer or pm me.
person

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
are you absolutely sure that your PCMCIA and the adapter itself are functional?

well, when i plug the adapter to the PCMCIA slot, the "POWER" light lights up

Andy wrote:
wait, so it didnt install at all? as in your device manager looks exactly the same whether u plug the card in or not?

yes
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if it doesnt detect it at all, then that means something is wrong with either the adapter or the card, try to find a diferent pcmcia card and plug it in, then take the card and plug it in another laptop
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what OS are you using?

and have you tried shutting off the laptop, plugging it in then starting it up again?
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: