Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What should I use for this website?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:03 pm   Post subject: What should I use for this website?

Hey guys,

I am looking into setting up a website to post comdey video clips that me and some friends plan to shoot. However I have minimal expereince in this field and don't really knwo what to do. I want to make a site that lets us post the most recent stuff to the mian page, and then have a seperate gallery for all of our archived videos.

I was thinking that a CDS system such as Drupal. Do you think this will do what i want and do you think someone like me with less web experience would be able to set it up?

Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

There are many content management systems out there that would do what you want. PHP Nuke is a popular one, but contains many, many security holes. Mambo is nice, but they changed their name to something else. I remember trying out Drupal, it seems easier to customize than the others.

If you have minimal experience, then really you shouldn't try setting up a full system. It will frustrate you until you just give up. Install the CMS and play around with it a lot.
josh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kk, but this leads me to my next question:

Is there any free hosting services that would allow me to test it out before paying for hosting? becuase most of the free ones i know of won't support something like this.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: