Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Matrix game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:28 pm   Post subject: Matrix game

I made this game for a project in my engineering class. It now works with a controller I made and interfaced with the parallel port, but this version works with a keyboard. There are a few things missing (sound) but it still works. There are 6 games total combined into one, generally following the plot of all three matrix movies. As I continued to make games, they got better, so dont give up after game 2 and 3. Laughing

Controls:

Morpheus fight:
LEFT- Left arrow
RIGHT- Right arrow
KICK-Up arrow

Swat shooter:
LEFT- Left arrow
RIGHT- Right arrow
UP -Up arrow
DOWN - Down arrow
SHOOT- Alt

Agent smith Jumper
JUMP- up

Car chase:
LEFT- Left arrow
RIGHT- Right arrow
UP -Up arrow
DOWN - Down arrow
TURBO- Alt

Logos Flight:
LEFT- Left arrow
RIGHT- Right arrow

Machine fight:
LEFT- Left arrow
RIGHT- Right arrow
SHOOT- Alt (I think)

Enjoy and feel free to criticize.

game.zip
 Description:
game and files

Download
 Filename:  game.zip
 Filesize:  1 MB
 Downloaded:  570 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um, arrays, learn to love them, loops too, you could have saved yourself about a hundred lines with the typing thing with a for loop and a variable with your string in it, uh, in game instructions wouldnt be bad either, couldnt figure out wat i was supposed to do to beat the first level. i never got any further than level 1 either. uhhhhh, commenting!!!, this is a very good idea as it helps ppl understand wat you were thinking when typing out 7000 variables in each level. also, whenever you ask ppl if they want to retry a level, dont make them sit through the typing scene over and over again. Character Graphics! these make the output to the screen much more appealling to the user, right now its fairly bland but what can u do, i know, CHARACTER GRAPHICS!, pretty ambitious project though. lots of

code:

put "a"
delay(1000)
locatexy(x,y)
put "b"
%etc

but i suppose that was the way you were taught by your teacher so what can you do? overall not bad for a first project so good job otherwise, i dont think right now id play it again, but if you can fix wat i had problems with i might be able to play it again
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: