Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (.exe)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What Do You Think Of My Game?
(No ending time set)
AMAZING
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Getting There...
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Ok...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Well..Improvements Necessary
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
If I was your teacher "YOU FAIL"
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Rasta Fella

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:48 pm   Post subject: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (.exe)

Ok, I am almost finish..well I am finished my "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game but there is some bugs STILL to fix. Recomended size resoloution probably 640:480 or 720;480 the ones I checked so far. Life lines fo the game working..with minor errors. Well I was going to post the source but because of security issues (plagerism)...I will post the source for all to see after my game gets marked..but I am posting a .exe version for now. PLEASE tell me if you see any errors by Jan 29th!! will help greatly. Thanks.

P.S. I tried to make Regis look as good as I could.

EDIT: Adding "Final Answer Screen" and "More Questions" and "Timer"

millionaire.zip
 Description:
Hope You Enjoy...

Download
 Filename:  millionaire.zip
 Filesize:  185.05 KB
 Downloaded:  1397 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
person

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the drawing is actually quite amazing, however there r some faults

1) the backspace key doesnt work
2) when i enter a right answer, it tells me its wrong (e.g. Input: B and the Message: Sorry, the correct answer was B)
Rasta Fella

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah...I have to error proff that right now it only pick up lower case not upper case...thanks for reminding me I will make that change and as for the backspace I will work that out...Do you think I should show the cursor when typing in the names for the phone list??
person

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think u should always show the cursor for typing, but thats only my opinion
Rasta Fella

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks I will improve the backspace thing and I have decieded to show the sursor so the user knows where he/she is typing thanks for the feedback.
Rasta Fella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Reviewing over my game, do you think I users should be able to click the correct answer or type the correct answer?...Feedback Needed.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

when you get a wrong answer you have a problem, the user can continue to press enter, causing the screen to scroll, making it really weird, you need to do something so that the program doesnt do this
TripleBla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's such a minor problem .. I think this was awsome, I'd really like to see the drawing code used .. must have been hell.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It has been a very long time since I last saw a submission from OOT 3x. That is, of course, unless 4.1 has some nifty features that I haven't heard about, which is quite likely.
I'll stick with my suspicions that this is 3x.

Good game. As with the others, animation is awsome. Couple of comments:
- no backspace! Don't like that.
- when I get a question wrong, it stops, cursor blinks, and nothing happens. I type stuff, nothing happens...:S
- when I got past the first milestone the screen went mostly black, w/ only Regis' eyes visible. I'm hoping this was intentional? One of those - ooo, it so dark and eerie in here, type of things?
- questions are static and non-random...you need to build yourself a question bank, that would increase the playability of this game many-fold. Compared to the engine itself, that would be a simple job.

Otherwise really good. Haven't finished it yet so I can't say much about the later parts of the game - bah, no time.
If you submit this to [FP] you'll obviously get a much more indepth review.

Good job Rasta Fella.
+bits
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Rasta Fella wrote:
Reviewing over my game, do you think I users should be able to click the correct answer or type the correct answer?...Feedback Needed.

they should be able to click on the answer they want and then confirm it with another little box type thing
Mr. T

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:01 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

I've seen this game a long time ago. I think someone's been stealing code. Evil or Very Mad
Rasta Fella

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Pwned wrote:
I've seen this game a long time ago. I think someone's been stealing code.

No, I have NOT stolen this code. Since this will be my final project why would I steal code?... And if you think I supposedly STOLE this... post the source of it in this forum. No need to blame people for stealing code without evidence.

Anyways...

Yes, I finished a "Final Anwser" box. And I do have to generate a program with random questions. Thanks for the tips...and Delos I will submit this in the [FP] forum after I complete the bugs and get my mark for it, I will post the source aswell.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am sorry pwned your where right, tho you did a crapy job at finding that "evidence" and like usheal i had to use my 1337ness to find it.

It is our offisahl postion is that it is almost imposable to decomlie a turing progme. Tho almost is a far way from compelty imposable and i was able to decomlie parts of this exe file. (Witch i am not going to say how b/c it whould be bad in the long run).

Any how my finds are that this probelm was orgainly wirten by our old firend BJ Webber and not Rasta Fella.

In orcdence with our rules i posted for the borad of senior staff to decide what to do about it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Decompile it eh? I've tried to do the same thing, can't say I got far though. Interesting. Thinking

Though it's not really neccessary. If you look at the hex in the file you will find this:
63 72 65 61 74 65 64 20 62 79 00 00 42 4a 20 57 65 62 62 65 72

which translates to:
"created by BJ Webber"

Although, how can you know that Rasta Fella is not really BJ Webber? It does seem unlikely though.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:

"created by BJ Webber"

Although, how can you know that Rasta Fella is not really BJ Webber? It does seem unlikely though.

I guess we'd just have to wait for Rasta Fella to comment on that
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: