Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Radeon X1900 WOOOHOOO!
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:05 am   Post subject: Radeon X1900 WOOOHOOO!

The All in one Wonder
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
The XT
The CrossFire
The XTX case

yup, thats right.. the radeon x1900 was released today.. with the R580 asic, it features 650MHz for the visual processing unit (VPU) and 1550MHz of GDDR3 for memory, and 48 pipelines it is the fastest videocard released to date. oh, and its on a 90nm core which means 384 million transistors, screw NVidia and their 130nm.

i really hope i get one of these to play with soon... my 4 x1800s seem outdated Wink

read more here
and here
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW. I knew it. They had something huge comming.

650mhz? Woah. I wonder what it will be like when they start overclocking those cards.

XFX right now has the highest nvidia clockspeeds: 580mhz overclocked
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

just wait til the R600 asic that im working on comes out.. quad crossfire solution from ATI.. say bye bye to NVidia

the board will be so big that it'll either take up three slots, or be an inch longer than the x1900, which is already an inch longer then the x1800.. and trust me, the x1800 is LONG.. let me measure it... ok ummm the x1800 iss about half an inch longer than a standard cleanex box lol.. so yea, the board featuring the R600 might be 2.5 inches longer than a cleanex box.. compare that to the length of ur computer Laughing
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Can't wait. Smile
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

/rubs his chin and thinks about building a super clustered compuer out of his old computers for the slot space...
Justin_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What is the point of possessing a graphics card of this nature? Has anyone noticed that it can't help you? Hello, software is leagues behind the hardware. . .

Can you name a game that stresses that card?
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Radeon X1900 WOOOHOOO!

Andy wrote:
The All in one Wonder

Tsk. Her front is exposed. And even if I were to ignore it and strike at her back, that's got to be a horribly weak block. One could easily impale her with her own blade!
Dodge... teach them the way!

Cool cards, though, I guess.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Justin_ wrote:
What is the point of possessing a graphics card of this nature? Has anyone noticed that it can't help you? Hello, software is leagues behind the hardware. . .

Can you name a game that stresses that card?

Not true... 80~90fps for most of the high end games.. That's really not all that high. Besides this thing has HDTV support, so you can now play your games on a 30+ inch high rez TV set. =)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol coutsos.. why would u fight her.. shes so hot... anywho, justin, you're right that the average gamer do not need a card this powerful, that's why they're class 1 cards by ati standards, which means for enthusiats only... also 3DMark06 would stress the hell out of these cards.. if you want a normal gamer card, get an x1600, its cheap, and will pump u playable frame rates for all games... but if u want to play farcry on a 3 mega pixel res, get one of these
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, Andy, do you get any sort of discount or freebies because you work for them?
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and the benchmarks are out!

look at all the benchmarks at http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2679
and
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/01/24/review_ati_radeon_x1900_xtx/

clearly, the x1900 does not obliterate the 7800, but overall, it does perform slightly better than its competitor.

oh, and that black and white thing isnt fair, because the game is known to have problems with all ati cards.. but a fix will be issued soon

notice that the radeon x1900xtx is the best single card solution out there... quake seems to be the only game in which it does not beat the NVidia 7800 GTX 512.

man i dunno how im gona back NVidia up if i work for them next term..
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Hey, Andy, do you get any sort of discount or freebies because you work for them?

i get a nifty discount... but i cant get the top of the line stuff.. i think the best i can get right now is the x1800 xt 512mb for $374.50 canadian.. at tigerdiret.ca, it sells for $722.99

and i can get the x1800 xl 256mb all in one wonder for $249.50
1of42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
just wait til the R600 asic that im working on comes out.. quad crossfire solution from ATI.. say bye bye to NVidia

the board will be so big that it'll either take up three slots, or be an inch longer than the x1900, which is already an inch longer then the x1800.. and trust me, the x1800 is LONG.. let me measure it... ok ummm the x1800 iss about half an inch longer than a standard cleanex box lol.. so yea, the board featuring the R600 might be 2.5 inches longer than a cleanex box.. compare that to the length of ur computer Laughing

Are you like a walking ad for ATI? Razz

In any case, sorry, but I think nVidia's not gonna go down just because you release one new card, especially given that they'er alerady far ahead of you Razz

You should get working on decreasing those sizes. I for one would not buy a card that big, and it's gonna lose ATI points on a lot of different reviews...
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol of course not.. the new asic wont come out for a while.. and by then i should already be working at NVidia if all goes well Laughing .. but what i meant was it'd give ATI the lead.. NVidia currently holds the biggest and baddest gpu, the 7800 quad sli GTX, and its giving them a good name.. really good name.

but who cares.. ATI isnt focusing that much on their desktop line, if you look at the comparison charts online, you'll see that other than in the enthusiast desktop market, ATI is pretty much smoking NVidia in sales.. and even in the desktop market, ATI is only one or two percent behind currently.

oh and yea about the size.. its not really my fault haha.. im doing driver debugging, its the harware people that has to worry about things like that... apparantly the card pumps so much heat that if they dont come up with an ingenious way to fix it, the asic would fry
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: