Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 America Jr.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mr. T

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:13 am   Post subject: America Jr.

Canada under Conservative rule. Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

*happy dance*
Wish NDP got more seats tho....but still good Very Happy
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm just waiting for when Alberta separates, I'm looking for a way to move out there now.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah. Fortunately by the time I get back there'll probably be another election. Go Canada.

Who knows, maybe, just MAYBE the conservatives will prove that they're not religious nutcases. GOP 2.0 (or GOP 0.1 depending on how you look at it)
codemage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The NDP, at least has said that they don't want another election within the next 2 years. Hopefully we can have a co-operative coalition minority, not like the previous standoffish one.

I, for one, welcome our new conservative overlords. Twisted Evil
1of42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

codemage wrote:
The NDP, at least has said that they don't want another election within the next 2 years. Hopefully we can have a co-operative coalition minority, not like the previous standoffish one.

I, for one, welcome our new conservative overlords. Twisted Evil

Meh, the NDP are just posturing to make themselves look good. It's not like they could affect an election in this parliament anyways, as they no longer hold the balance of power.
Justin_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The balance of power is precisely what they hold. Whoever the NDP side with , Liberal or Conservative, in any vote, thats the side who wins. The NDP are in a great position.

so 42, what are you talking about?
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bah. Ah well, I guess it's a good thing I'm not very politically inclined, or this might get to me more. From what I can gather though, minority gov'ts won't last more than a year or so, so we'll be repeating this whole shinanigan in about 12-16 months. I just hope they don't cause too much havoc in that time...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Green party for the win!
Mr. T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:53 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

Don't forget Communist Canada. Twisted Evil
md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Justin_ wrote:
The balance of power is precisely what they hold. Whoever the NDP side with , Liberal or Conservative, in any vote, thats the side who wins. The NDP are in a great position.

You have heard of the Bloc Quebecois right? Seems like they might have more votes then the NDP...
1of42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Justin_ wrote:

Untrue. 308 seats in the House of Commons. 124 are Conservative, 29 are NDP. If the NDP and the Conservatives vote together, but everyone else opposes them, they lose. The NDP would hold the balance of power if NDP + CON > everyone

As it is, they hold no balance of power. For a coalition to win, it will need another party other than them to join it, which gives them no balance of power.
codemage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Just adding kindling to the fire; I didn't vote for the guy, BTW). Probably a purely PR move, but this sort of flies in the face of Harper being the US lapdog.

New Canadian PM rebuffs US envoy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4652746.stm
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

On a side note, Harper just told the GOP to fuck off when they said they consider northern Canada 'international waters.'

We should drive a Destroyer down the Mississipi and claim that they are 'international waters'
md

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

codemage wrote:
Just adding kindling to the fire; I didn't vote for the guy, BTW). Probably a purely PR move, but this sort of flies in the face of Harper being the US lapdog.

New Canadian PM rebuffs US envoy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4652746.stm

'Tis too bad they got hte border's wrong; Canada's territory extends to the north pole, or if it's the new pole really close. There is no international land up north, it's all claimed either by Canada, Russia, or Denmark.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: