Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DEEP at U of T
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:19 pm   Post subject: DEEP at U of T

i was just wondering if anyone took the DEEP program at U of T. i'm interested in doing it but i dunno wat u do there. like do u build robots or do u just listen to lectures.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
1of42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have a couple of friends who went this last summer, I'll ask them.
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

did they actually get to make something?
brenn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I took DEEP, Bioengineering Design.

We had lectures, and also a couple of projects. One was a hydraulic thing that walked.

I don't remember much, but the lectures ranged ranged in difficulty of understanding, from general biology (like plants and stuff and how many designs are modeled after natural structures) to complicated things like fluid dynamics. The girl who taught the course I took did her Master's in microfluids, so we sidetracked and talked about that a lot, lol.

Which one are you planning on taking?
cool dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i didn't really look into the types of programs they have but i wanna do somethin with software engineering. not sure if they have the program for it. i just dunno if DEEP is good to try out b/c if its like school just talk then i dunno if i want to spend money.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: