Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help [movie review edit]
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
malisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:29 pm   Post subject: help [movie review edit]

please help me edit this its a movie review

Viewers would be surprised and interested in the movie Dead Poet Society like I was. The movie was directed by Peter Weir and written by Tom Schulman in 1989. The movie was about an English Professor named John Keating (Robin Williams) telling his students at Welton Academy how to seize the day and make their lives meaningful.

Overall, I believe the movie was good. The movie touched my heart and I almost cried at the end of the movie. The movie was tragic and suspenseful. I would rate it as two thumps up. I would recommend it to everyone because in a society that we live in today not everyone has hopes

I really enjoyed watching the movie because of two characters in the film. I liked Neil Perry's character in the film. He was John Keating's student. He made me realize how much one has to try in order to follow their dream. My favorite character in the movie was John Keating. I liked the techniques he used to teach his class. It was very different and unexpected. For example, he made his students stand on top of a desk to show his student how to see things in different perspective. John Keating made me realize the importance of following ones dream and everyone is not the same.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Surprised
brenn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

O_o where's Tony, he needs to see this.

and then move it.
md

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

No?
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i rate that movie review "two thumps up". sounds like a 6th grader wrote this...
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Used "I" to many times...
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Umm....what?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I wonder how many other forums this kid has posted this on. Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

brenn wrote:
O_o where's Tony, he needs to see this.

The movie? Confused I saw it..

Anyways - a good review is supposed to contrast highs and lows of the movie and let the reader make their own (now educated) decision about how much they might like the movie. You talk too much about how you felt the movie was, but don't explain why.

Why was it tragic? Why was it suspenseful? Why did you almost cry? Explain all of those points, and then remove your personal opinions.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Justin_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And like, why would you ask a question like this on this forum? I'm sort of asking just to make sure that this topic is stupid, cause to me it seems stupid for someone to post a movie synopsis on a programming forum. So, can I see a vote of who thinks this topic is stupid?

Is it stupid? Raise your hand if yes.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think its alright, this is a forum built to help people (more specifically students)... but yeah, it is a programming forum but... can't you ask non-programming questions also? We do math here don't we? not all of it is related to programming.

I'm not sure if this should be in the [General Discussion] forum though...
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
I think its alright, this is a forum built to help people (more specifically students)... but yeah, it is a programming forum but... can't you ask non-programming questions also? We do math here don't we? not all of it is related to programming.

I think you are right, so i am moving it to OT.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Justin_ wrote:
And like, why would you ask a question like this on this forum? I'm sort of asking just to make sure that this topic is stupid, cause to me it seems stupid for someone to post a movie synopsis on a programming forum. So, can I see a vote of who thinks this topic is stupid?

Is it stupid? Raise your hand if yes.

Normally, something like this would be perfectly normal, provided it came from someone who had been posting on the site a bit. Asking a boon of friends on this site is great. It's wierd when someone's first post is something so unrelated, though. Confused
cool dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u r write cerventas it is wierd but i'm going do defend 'malisa'. this is his/her first time posting on this site and all of u started attacked him/her. this is an off topic forum so u should be able to post off topic things. now i hope 'malisa' will still come back to this forum.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool dude wrote:

this is an off topic forum so u should be able to post off topic things

Hacker Dan wrote:
Amailer wrote:

I think you are right, so i am moving it to OT.

It was originally in [GD].
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 30 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: