Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [source] rally racing!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:17 pm   Post subject: [source] rally racing!

i started making this game about a month ago. havent gotten to finishing it yet though. if anyone wants to take over be my guest Wink

rally racing.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rally racing.zip
 Filesize:  21.4 KB
 Downloaded:  488 Time(s)

rally racing.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rally racing.rar
 Filesize:  20.08 KB
 Downloaded:  284 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cool dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

zylum do u mind posting it as a zip. i have winrar on my other comp but i want to see it now else i have to wait a couple days. i saw some of your other progs i just wanna say i think your a creative genius! Smile
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

enjoy Wink
cool dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

very nice! its running a little slow not sure if its my computer b/c my computer is running slow at the moment. the only suggestion is to make a timer to see how long it takes to make a lap. i don't have time to take over this at the moment b/c of exams but i'm sure gonna take another look at it in the summer Smile
blaster009

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked Very nice indeed! It's amazing that you fit all that into under 200 lines! (It ran fine on my computer, btw)
Dannyd534

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok well i love ur game it pretty good considering u didnt finish it...and i also love the map maker it adds a nice touch...but i have a question....when i make a map WHAT DO I DO WHEN IM DONE MAKING IT, TO PLAY IT?
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, looks like i forgot to make a done button. anyways, if you click on the bottom left corner of the window (where the button should be) you will be asked what the map name should be. it then saves the map and you can load it in the main program.
Dannyd534

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha thx, ok so i made one then push the button then named it then wat do i do???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in the source code, have it load the file that you just created (look for it in some sort of 'loadMap' procedure
BenLi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

zylum, whats the rrm file thats in the file? Does it do anything?
Dannyd534

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kk thx i got it....u have to change the file z.rrm to watever ur map is called....u can find z.rrm near the bottom of the source code...if u can find it just push ctrl+f and type in z.rrm
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, the rrm file is the rally race map file.
KevinW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Crazy game, except the car is so hard to control XD
DemonZ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I found an unexpected bug in your program, if u crash the car into a wall that it on the angle (like crashing on the corner of the box) the car gets stuck and doesnt move at all, which I thought was really wierd. anyway overall good game.
DKNiGHTX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just a suggestion, but I think it would be beneficial to modify the car graphic so it's easier to distinguish which way is the front, or add a Draw.Line to the front to point in the direction. Just because, I found it really difficult to steer at times, but then again, it just might be me running at 1280x1024.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: