Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Endless stupidity <- Learn from it (like me)
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:46 pm   Post subject: Endless stupidity <- Learn from it (like me)

Hmm so here I was yesterday night, copying music to my Mp3 player, then noticed, it didnt work!!!! Had to go to bed early because math exam was today. Thought about it all night... various plans popped up as to how to solve the problem except for reading the manual again.

After exam, came home, didnt wash my hands/change, plugged in my Mp3 player, deleted and copied everything again, still didnt work. Still didnt pop up to read the manual since you should know by now I am an ignorant idiot.
Ok, so here I am on the internet, typing up sh!t about how to solve the problem. Convert the file format from FAT to FAT again to repair some corrupt data. Still a no-go when the answer was near my computer desk. Search for player drivers, couldnt install because they were meant for Windows 98/SE -_-; Couldn't find them.

Finally!! I got it!!!!! Reformat the drive!!! WOOOT! but... how? lol Laughing Search for it again, wasted more 1 hour. Then I decided to call the company, they said, "uh... yeah... so.... uh, you know... there is a format button, just hold it for 5 seconds and put keys on unlock.... same instructions are in the manual too you know." I am like "FCUK ME!" Instead of bothering to just READ the manual for 2 minutes, I relied on my idiotic not-thinking self. The manual was right beside my computer desk -_-; Could have played some good games for 1.5 hours Sad

Moral: Think before you act. Yes I am an idiot but thats besides the point. Laughing

I know this off-topic post is really off-topic but the topic of the off-topic forum is to be off-topic so I posted this off-topic post in off-topic forum because its off-topic.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's a graph showing the relation of funniness to time while reading that post.

code:

F |
u |-
n | \
n |  \
y |   \
  +----------------
  |     \
                Time

Please excuse the ascii art graph. Real on-the-fly generated graphs will be in V3. But you should clearly be able to see the graph immediately flattening out (at about the time you stated that your mp3 player wasn't working (see: that post you made where you told us about the guy who spat on your mp3 player)) and then plunging downwards, eventually going into a negative level of Funny. Also note that between the times of Funny and negative Funny, there is indeed NO measurable level of funny. How this occured is left as an exercise for the reader.
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Endless stupidity <- Learn from it (like me)

MysticVegeta wrote:

With a huge defeat, comes a great victory...
- Mystic

This time as well?

@Coutsos, did you ever notice how your name sounds like the name of an awsome food? Couscous...good stuff that.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Real on-the-fly generated graphs will be in V3.

Ahhh....they will????

*starts coding some more*
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
person

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:
@Coutsos, did you ever notice how your name sounds like the name of an awsome food?

this actually made me google coutsos in google images, and apparently one of the pics actually link to compsci

and then i thought, maybe i should try to google image Hacker Dan, and a very odd pic turned up (note: not PG-13)

Coutsos wrote:

code:

F |
u |-
n | \
n |  \
y |   \
  +----------------
  |     \
                Time

thats a sexy ascii graph
md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Searching for Hacker Dan on page 12 I found this: www.compsci.ca/bbs/files/guesswho.gif, which it seems is no longer a valid URL.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that was his avatar before the duck.
Rasta Fella

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, don't worry we all go throught it and wish we had a "CTRL-Z" on life.
Well.. I think I am speaking on behalf of everyone.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Endless stupidity <- Learn from it (like me)

Delos wrote:
@Coutsos, did you ever notice how your name sounds like the name of an awsome food? Couscous...good stuff that.

Aw, and you were almost close to pronouncing it correctly. There's only one "u" in there, thus, the second "o" is long.

Either that or my pronunciation of "Couscous" is way off.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Here's a graph showing the relation of funniness to time while reading that post.

code:

F |
u |-
n | \
n |  \
y |   \
  +----------------
  |     \
                Time

Please excuse the ascii art graph. Real on-the-fly generated graphs will be in V3. But you should clearly be able to see the graph immediately flattening out (at about the time you stated that your mp3 player wasn't working (see: that post you made where you told us about the guy who spat on your mp3 player)) and then plunging downwards, eventually going into a negative level of Funny. Also note that between the times of Funny and negative Funny, there is indeed NO measurable level of funny. How this occured is left as an exercise for the reader.

ok guys.. go ahead, make fun of my stupidity. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

dam I meant the graph to be :

code:
F
u |     |
n |    |
n |   /
y |_/ 
  +----------------
  |     \
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:

dam I meant the graph to be :

code:
F
u |     |
n |    |
n |   /
y |_/ 
  +----------------
  |     \

You wanted to be very funny and negatively funny at the same time?
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ohs noes... the vertical line tests tells me thats not a function Crying or Very sad
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Firefox tells me you're the only person to have mentioned function in this thread (this post excluded). It is possible to be very funny and negatively funny at the same time. An example of this is telling racist jokes. Or, not necessarily racist (as in, "I hate that race they suck!") but... poking fun. Have you seen the comedy of Russel Peters? I've been told by friends that his jokes were hilarious while others (of the same race) were greatly insulted. And they were watching it at the same time. QED.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nono. Its just the lack of tools in drawing the graph, but you get the point lol.
codemage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
ohs noes... the vertical line tests tells me thats not a function Crying or Very sad

The breaks in the line tell us that it's not a direct relationship to begin with.

The moral of the story is RTFM, of course.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 44 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: