Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Merlin Platformer
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

How good will this game turn out?
(No ending time set)
1 - Horrable, stop now
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
2 - Probly won't be good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3 - Might have a chance... with lots of work
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
4 - Will still need work
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
5 - Excellent, keep up the good work
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

iker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:51 pm   Post subject: Merlin Platformer

Here is a demo version of an uncomplete game. Was wondering if anyone wanted to help me with sprites and/or level design. Also was just wondering if anyone liked the game aswell (as in tell me what you do or don't like about it)

Controls
Arrows : move
Z : fire attack
X : lightning attack
ENTER : jump

Current abilities
[1]Collision detection (against walls, enemies)
[2]Attack (but not kill) enemies.. when the attack hits the enemy, it registers as a hit, reduses enemies health, but does not kill them
[3]Move to next level (go to top right of screen).. but only two second part of the first level
[4]Your own death (game will close when hp is done)
[5]A secret debug mode (try diff 2 button combinations to find it... ooh, secret)

Wanted abilities/updates to come
[1]Leveling up system
[2]SPRITES that look good (I used paint for those ones)
[3]More levels and types of levels (i think 10 in total<- not guarentied(spelling?))
[4]Boss levels (the skeliton guy is supposed to be a boss, i just put him randomly in there so you could see him)
[5]More enemy types
[6]Music (i have the music that I want selected, but the files are too big and when i decrease the size any more, the quality just completely sucks)

merl.rar
 Description:
Don't have winrar?
http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html
download it :)

Download
 Filename:  merl.rar
 Filesize:  276.81 KB
 Downloaded:  188 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm...
code:

setscreen ("graphics;nobuttonbar")

Your transitions are buggy from one screen to the next. Looks like you're using Pic.Merge or Pic.UnderMerge and some areas are left transparent.

Movement is *very* slow.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of using whatdotcolour for your collision detection, but since you're in a free roaming environment, perhaps it's best not to complicate matters too much using maths instead. You could, of course, create an engine based on objects, areas, coords, and the like - but that might be a little beyond the scope of what you're look for.

Good job otherwise. The first working platformer in quite a while (but them I'm not really in a position to be saying for sure - since I've been away for most of that time).
If you drew all of that in paint - good stuff. Quite a bit of realistic detail. As far as paint can take it, at the very least.

+bits for the effort. Still a ways to go on improvement though. Keep at it, it looks promising.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I couldnt even kill the first monster Confused
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
I couldnt even kill the first monster Confused

iker wrote:

[2]Attack (but not kill) enemies.. when the attack hits the enemy, it registers as a hit, reduses enemies health, but does not kill them

Rolling Eyes
blindy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if ur still working on it i have a file for a level up system. just need to edit it to the way you want and it goes up to level 100.

experiencesetup.t
 Description:
Level up system set up with if statments. Just basically have and enemy give you experience and then run the .t file to check if you leveled up

Download
 Filename:  experiencesetup.t
 Filesize:  7.72 KB
 Downloaded:  160 Time(s)

Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: