Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Gnome/X11 clipboard.
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:43 pm   Post subject: Gnome/X11 clipboard.

Well I find this very annoying. So any help would be appreciated.

The way the clipboard currently works is like this: You can copy/paste data from one app to another so long as both the apps are open at the same time.

Let say I find something interesting while browsing the web. So I copy that text and now I quit by browser, open another application paste it there. Poof! Nothing! As though there is nothing in my clipboard.

Try the same thing but now quitting the browser only after you finished pasting the data. It works.

Is there any way to fix this? hmm =/.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That used to piss me off to no end. Now with Gnome 2.12 they've fixed it and just by habit I'll always keep the window open until I've pasted. I don't know if there are third party fixes for it, so I hope upgrading Gnome is an option.
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I'm running GNOME 2.12.2
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked
I'm all out of ideas. Is there a small chance that you're only imagining this problem?
Naveg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
wget -c http://frankandjacq.com/ubuntuguide/gnome-clipboard-daemon-1.0.bin.tar.bz2
sudo tar jxvf gnome-clipboard-daemon-1.0.bin.tar.bz2 -C /usr/bin/
sudo chown root:root /usr/bin/gnome-clipboard-daemon
sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/gnome-clipboard-daemon
sudo gnome-clipboard-daemon &

Then add it to your startup programs list under sessions.
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh btw thx, but I found something better: http://lepton.fr/tools/autocutsel/
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Shocked
I'm all out of ideas. Is there a small chance that you're only imagining this problem?

Actually, you are right. It works, but only when I'm copying from some gnome app to firefox.. the other way around it does not work.. and apparently.. autocutsel does not solve that problem. I believe this has something to do with the way firefox uses the clipboard.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: