Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New to C++ help
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ye..ill think about that Smile..btw im having a small problem AGAIN!..lol..so i start up fedora on vmware and i open eclipse and what do ya know..it freezes all 3 times..any suggestions ? or other programs that i can use to learn c++ on linux? i have the whole programing package installed on it heres a screenshot of what all i got

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen3aa.jpg
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Open a text editor (gedit or such). Write your file. Save it. Open a console. Navigate to where you saved your file. Run "g++ myprogram.cpp" then run with "./a.out".

All of the stuff you have there... is overkill considering the level of knowledge you have.

For intro programming at the very least... IDEs are not a good thing.
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanx bro it works all fine now..screw windows im doing this stuff on linux lol..thanx a lot man Smile
Justin_

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice, I couldn't get VMWare to work on my machine. It didn't have Fedora 4 listed so I chose Linux and put the FC4 cd in and it said unable to boot from cd. Is there anything you did that was special?
Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm..ok bro heres what i did with mine from step 1..if u have any problems just add me on msn if u have it rocker_akshay@hotmail.com..here we go:

on windows host click creat new virtual machine
custom machine
legacy machine
operating system: other linux
choose the patch u want to save your virtual machine at
if u have a gig of ram an ure running win xp as your host os set linux to use 256 for now
use NAT networking not bridged because NAT will share the connection on your current ethernet card
I/O adapter type : SCSI :Bus logic
Creat new virtual disk
SCSI(recommended)
disk size(i set mine to 6 gbs so i could install all 4 cds and update the os too)
and then it will say One 6 gb fille will be saved at this location and just hit finish

Now it will bring u to the page saying start virtual machine and all that
on the right hand side u have to set your cd rom from auto detect to what it actually is ..heres a screenshot of mine

http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vmware4wf.jpg

then put your fedora cd 1 in windows mode it will open the folder just close it THEN start your virtual machine..it will have a screen saying Vmware ESC for boot meny F12 for network boot hit ESC right away and in the boot meny choose CD ROM..then it will auto read your cd Smile
Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

here are the other 2 screenshots after u star your virtual machine

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vmware22mw.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vmware32by.jpg
Justin_

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks bro. I haven't tried it yet, I'm going to right now. Also is your VM version 5.5.1? And another question, does anyone know if Debian will work using 5.5.1? I'd prefer to have it than FC4.
Justin_

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ninja, you're my savior man! The problem I had was I left the CD-ROM on auto detect, and since I don't have pnp enabled it wouldn't detect it.

Debian works Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anytime bro Smile..i think so far all the distros i have works on them..ive tried gentoo,debian,ubuntu,fedora4,linux red hat 9,slackware,lycoris,free BSD unix,knoppix and all of em work Smile..but i think 5.5.1 has some issues with the ubuntu 64 bit edition
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: